Free

Country

Italy

Device

Spotify App on Tesla Model 3

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

I just purchased a Tesla Model 3, and I've been trying to sign in on Spotify with the username that was generated when I first signed up to Spotify with Facebook.

Somehow I was able to find the username, which is 215edgwsxl4i7y7esschcz2zq.
I entered it with the Spotify password, but it did not work.

I then followed the suggestion found in this community for someone experiencing a similar issue. I modified my password, logged out of other existing accounts, and entered the username and new password in my Tesla, but the same issue repeats, with a message reading "Username not valid".

Not sure whatelse I can do. Anyone who can help, I'd really appreaciate. 

Thank you,

Marco

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What worked for me is first going into Spotify on the computer via the internet browser and then setting a device password  here.  Then go to the Spotify profile and take note of the email address displayed there. Then use that email address as the username along with the new device password to log into the Tesla.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi there,

If you still can access your account by using your email, I recommend you to confirm if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here.

This way, your account name will be the same as your Facebook name instead of this alphanumeric name you're seeing.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Brunelicia and thanks for your message. 

The "Facebook processing data" switch has always been on.

I tried to login with my Facebook name as you said but neither on my PC nor on my Tesla did it work. The only way to login on my PC/phone is either by pressing the "Login through Facebook" or through the alphanumeric username below. 

I tried to login to Spotify on  my Tesla using the alphanumerica code, but it's still not working.

So, what I did was to permanently delete my old account generated through Facebook and reopen a new one just using my email address.

The annoying result was to have a new account with, again, an alphanumeric username (kuar4etk9y1w64074fmu2yb04). I tried again to input this username in my Tesla's Spotify login and the result is still "Invalid account".

Why can't I have a normal username I can choose and that allows me to log in Spotify in my Tesla? 

Please, try logging in from your Tesla car using the email address your Spotify account is registered with (instead of using the alphanumeric username) and its password.

And try setting a device password to use with the device username you see here.

You can also take a look at this support site article to find more info on how you can use Spotify in your car.

Unfotunately I still cannot connect after I tied what you asked.

It always says "Invalid username".

Is there any way I can contact customer support directly?

Thanks,

Marco

You can find some more info here on how to reach Spotify directly.

I hope this helps!

Same exact problem. Despite the instructions provided in the Spotify app on my Tesla screen to enter an email address and reset my password, doing so still will not allow me to use an email address instead of my Facebook username

Setting the device password worked for me. 👍

Marked as solution

What worked for me is first going into Spotify on the computer via the internet browser and then setting a device password  here.  Then go to the Spotify profile and take note of the email address displayed there. Then use that email address as the username along with the new device password to log into the Tesla.

This worked! You are the real mvp

Thnx a lot

I went to that page and after entering a new device password, it says "There was a problem setting your password".

Turns out that means it actually worked haha thanks!

Suggested posts