Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant Change Country - Payment Details and Location

Cant Change Country - Payment Details and Location

Hi there,

I upgraded to the Preimum Spotify while I was in Austrilia, since being home the subscription has run out and the bank account  I used to set it up doesnt have the correct funds and the Account went back to the Free version.

I now cant change my location, the feild is disabled and because I cant change the location I cant update the payment details to my Irish Card.

How can i make this feild active again?

Thanks

4 Replies

Hey @hayes121,

You will be able to subscribe to Premium using your Irish payment method once you're back in Ireland.

There is, unfortunately, no way to subscribe to Premium using your Irish payment method while you're in Australia.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply but the issue is that I am already back in Ireland,
the country feikd in my profile seems to be disabled and I can click into
it to change it back to Ireland.

That's odd. 

And you are a Free user at the moment, correct?

If so, can you please post a screenshot of the country setting field being disabled?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I believe this is the same as an issue I also posted about but didn't yet get an answer or response. Maybe my frustrations tainted my post 😞

tl;dr The country field locked. You cannot add a payment method from a different country. The documentation says the new payment method should update the country automatically, it does not.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and you're talking about something else @hayes121 but just thought I'd hop in when I saw the chance to get my same issue looked at rather than split it across multiple threads 🙂

Suggested posts