Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community account not syncing?

Solved!

Community account not syncing?

So near the start of the year (maybe?) I had my account migrated to a new one (with the same email) because I wanted to change my username, it worked fine until I realized like 2 weeks in that all my albums that I had saved were gone, (but that didn't bother me that much so I did nothing) and now I recently made a community account, but it acts like I'm a diffrent person (when I open my profile I can follow myself?) and I can't change my profile picture, but I can upload pictures to "my photos" and it also says I don't have premium, even tho I'm in a family plan, and I already have my profile picture set-up in my desktop spotify app. (but it doesn't move to my community profile?)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @longbeachqueen!

Hope you're doing great. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice questions! I'll be here to solve them ๐Ÿ™‚

First of all, your community profile is completely independent of your Spotify profile even though it's linked to your account. That means you can have different username, profile picture...

As far as your community profile "acting like you're a different person", thats OK. In the Community, you are able to follow yourself for some reason.

You can't upload a profile picture from your profile page though. You'll have to do that from settings, in the "Avatars" section.

Can you tell me where did you see your profile wasn't a Premium subscription? It might be worth adding a screenshot.

Hope this helps clear thing up! Have a nice day and let me know if there's anything else I can help with. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, you can't upload your own image to your Community Avatar unless you reach the rank of Rising Star level 14. Otherwise, you'll have to pick one from the pre-made images.

Hope this helps and have a nice day! ๐Ÿ™‚
Jose_MSpotify Star

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @longbeachqueen!

Hope you're doing great. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice questions! I'll be here to solve them ๐Ÿ™‚

First of all, your community profile is completely independent of your Spotify profile even though it's linked to your account. That means you can have different username, profile picture...

As far as your community profile "acting like you're a different person", thats OK. In the Community, you are able to follow yourself for some reason.

You can't upload a profile picture from your profile page though. You'll have to do that from settings, in the "Avatars" section.

Can you tell me where did you see your profile wasn't a Premium subscription? It might be worth adding a screenshot.

Hope this helps clear thing up! Have a nice day and let me know if there's anything else I can help with. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jose_MSpotify Star

Ah, so I can't upload my own image? Also there's the screenshot.
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, you can't upload your own image to your Community Avatar unless you reach the rank of Rising Star level 14. Otherwise, you'll have to pick one from the pre-made images.

Hope this helps and have a nice day! ๐Ÿ™‚
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts