xxthatgirlxx
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

US

My Question or Issue

Concert email notifications are for

Dallas. When I click the change location button it brings me to my account which is properly set to Denver. There’s is a glitch with Spotify, not an issue with my settings. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Concert Emails Have Wrong Location

Rene01
Community Legend

Hi,

be sure you set the correct location following these steps by going to Browse > Concerts > Change City on all your devices, if possible.

If the issue persists after that, you can try to connect over a different network connection.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted

Rene01
Community Legend

Hi,

According to this post it will check facebook also.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Wrong-location-in-Upcoming-Shows-near-me-email-despite-cor...

Are you connected to facebook? If so, can you set these settings also?

Thanks,

René

Highlighted

xxthatgirlxx
Casual Listener
I am. FB does not mention Denver, but it’s never said Dallas either. Lol
Highlighted
Solution!

Rene01
Community Legend

Hi,

be sure you set the correct location following these steps by going to Browse > Concerts > Change City on all your devices, if possible.

If the issue persists after that, you can try to connect over a different network connection.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Rebibug
Visitor

I have the same problem. Email for Chicago concerts. When I follow the link to change my location, it says I’m in a mankato, MN which is correct! It’s also messing up my Daily Drive algorithm. It used to stream national news and a week or so ago it suddenly decided to give me Chicago news. PLEASE FIX THIS. 

1433B0B0-C618-41DE-9D7A-007CB470F4A8.png
CC0F138A-C9B0-400E-8A5B-EDF7772467D3.png
Highlighted

hillplace
Visitor

I am in Minneapolis, but the emails are for chicago.  I DO NOT use facebook.  When I click change location, the website that comes up has the proper location.  This is very frustrating because I see shows I want to see, and they are 6 hours away, I look for shows locally and they are sold out because I didn't know about them ahead of time.  I DONT USE FACEBOOK, facebook is not the problem, don't bring up check your facebook location as a solution to this problem, it's not the problem.

Highlighted

blehmann
Music Fan

Same deal here. My concert emails are for the city of Chicago but I live in, and have always lived in, St. Louis (300 miles away). In the desktop app, it knows I'm in Ballwin, a suburb of St. Louis, based on my ip address I suppose. The desktop app correctly recommends concerts in the St. Louis area... only the emails are wrong. Please fix this or tell us what setting to change!

Highlighted

xxthatgirlxx
Casual Listener

Mine self fixed itself a few months ago. Total waste of effort and time on an issue that wasn’t a user error. Wish Spotify would just hire customer service to do chat with! Haha. 

SUGGESTED POSTS