Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don't have access to email and forgot my password

Don't have access to email and forgot my password

Okay so this problem is completely my own fault but a bit annoying. 

I signed up for spotify premium years ago but I don't remember my password. Easy enough to solve right? Except it turns out I had mistyped my email and I only just found this out. Instead of writing the whole email in signing up, I forgot to write the "om" in "****.com". So my email is missing letters. I can't change the email for my account because I don't remember my password and I can't reset my password becaue my email doesn't technically work.

I've been trying to remember my password for ages but because of this dumb mistake I've been trying to reset it to no avail and couldn't figure out why the page wasn't being sent to my email! I've been logging into spotify with my facebook account instead of the normal way but I don't think I'm able to make any changes to my settings with it (I've been trying).

Any help would be great!

1 Reply

Hey, @semmaonearth 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

That doesn't sound good! However, in this case you have two options: 

The first one is create a new account with your ccorrect email account and the second one is to contact the Customer Support to try to recover access to your account, but have in your mind that isn't possible always. To contact the Customer Support, just go on there and answer the questions that best explain your issue and then tap "I still need help". Fill the form and then you'll need to wait for a reply on your inbox. Someone will answer you within 24-48 hours.
If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts