Echo Dot 3 not showing up in spotify devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Echo Dot 3

My Question or Issue

Hi! Everything was fine (except that: when I tried to play different playlist/artist or whatever Alexa said that she starts playing that playlist, but previous was still playing and to fix that I had to unlink & link again spotify account to my spotify skill in alexa app. And this error occured even few times a day, so I had to re-link my account few times a day), but today I bought a new router and connected all my smart devices to this new router, and after that everything is still fine except alexa can't play any music from spotify. When I say "Alexa, shuffle Echo playlist" she responds "Echo from Spotify", but nothing happens and when I opened my Spotify app I saw that my echo dot 3 is not showing up on my devices list. I tried disabling & enabling spotify skill in alexa app many times, but it didn't worked & I have no idea what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It just fixed itself today. It just started working.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hello @Qbsoon!

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more help with your issue.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well... There are only instructions for linking account on this article and I already wrote that I was linking my account even few times, so... This comment was no help.

Marked as solution

It just fixed itself today. It just started working.

Hey @Qbsoon!

I'm glad to hear that everything's fine now! Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Jose_MSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, now it is me that is having this issue.

I have 2 3rd generation Echo Dot and 1 4th generation Echo Dot. For some reason only two are available to play music on Spotify. Do you know how to solve this issue? I have unlinked all of them already but the issue with 1 of the 3 always happen.

I ask Alexa to play music and it says "Here is Spotify" but nothing happens.

Thanks

Marcelo

Hey @marcelomlo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all the bases.

First, would you mind trying to use a different WiFi connection to see if the issue persists? In case you don't have another network connection available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test this.

Also, could you confirm if the Echo with the issue can be seen on the list of available devices when using connect on your phone? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, OscarDC.
Thanks for your answer.

I followed all the steps you mentioned and I had no success. Even when I used the Mobile Hotspot I was not able to see my Echo on the list of available devices. 😑

What can I do next?

Hi there @marcelomlo,

Thanks for the post.

Can you check if there are any firmware updates available for the 4th Gen speaker? Often times when a firmware update is issue, this causes connection problems with previous versions.

It's best if you do a factory reset beforehand as well.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts