Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extending student discount

Solved!

Extending student discount

I got an email at the end of August telling me that my student discount was about to end, however I'm still in school so I clicked the "Extend discount" button in the email. This simply took me to a page for enrolling in premium, at the student rate, for the first time. I just looked at my credit card bill and I see now that I've been charged the full-price premium rate for September and October, so clicking the "Extend discount" button does not seem to have done what it should have. 

I saw another thread which referenced a company which verifies eligibility and I've never been directed to them; maybe that's the problem? 

How can I regain my student status and get a refund for the overage I was charged for the past two months? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @katmz!

You'll want to go to www.spotify.com/student and make sure you are logged in. 

Regarding any refund request, you'd need to reach out to Spotify Support directly for that. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @katmz!

You'll want to go to www.spotify.com/student and make sure you are logged in. 

Regarding any refund request, you'd need to reach out to Spotify Support directly for that. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I think this solved the issue. Thanks for your help @kbrooksc!

I was in www.spotify.Ths is for new members, not my case.Ths is for new members, not my case.com/student (I made sure I was logged in) and it doesn't has the option to extend the student discount. Do I really will have to cancel my premium and make another for student again? Does anybody can help me?

My e-mail is: *snip*.

I am not Newbie, I have no Idea why is this picture as it was mine.

Suggested posts