Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

False Reports on Profile Picture Takedown Notification

False Reports on Profile Picture Takedown Notification

Someone or a bot keeps reporting my profile pictures (all within guidelines) 9 times total since March and 4 times in the last 24 hours. It's really irritating and there seems to be no way for me to appeal or counter these reports. They just go through automatically (says in the email) with no 3rd party confirmation. I do suspect it is a bot though because I tested with a screenshot of the default profile picture that comes from Spotify and still ended up getting reported. Spotify allowing bots to spam report and harass users that have no real way to defend themselves against it is awful is user support on their end. I am also am worried that my account might get banned from the sheer amount of spam reports. Is there any way I can resolve this issue?

Capture.JPG
5 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Macbook Air M1 2020

Operating System

MacOS

My Question or Issue

I have been repeatedly getting takedown notices for my profile picture since late May of this year, and now it has reached to my profile name being removed also. There is nothing inappropriate in either. I think that I may be a target of someone randomly reporting my account for whatever reason, either that or Spotify is the one to blame. I'm not sure which. I keep getting notices like this, with all of them except for the last one being for my picture, the last being user.

Screen Shot 2024-06-21 at 11.58.10 PM.png

this has been happening to me too since june 24th. my profile picture has usually been someone that wasn't me, like a celebrity (eg. george harrison, for the longest time), but as soon as i change it to a picture of myself, which is not the first time i've done so, it gets taken down? and every profile picture after that has been taken down as well. i've gotten 7 emails about takedowns since then. to see whether i'd been botted or not, i took a screenshot of the spotify background (which was pretty much just a grey box with a slight gradient) and it has just been taken down. it's getting quite annoying seeing as there's actually no way to counter these reports as it won't let me appeal, and now my account is at significant risk of being suspended or deleted. i'm literally a paying customer too, i have premium, so there should be at least a way that i can have so much as a profile picture without being relentless spam-reported.

i'm at least glad to know that it's not just me who's having to put up with this LOL

EDIT: (july 9th, 2024)

it's happened like twice since i've posted this. i contacted spotify staff and they re-uploaded my profile picture (which shows that it was perfectly fine, nothing inappropriate about it), but it was taken down once again. i literally didn't even see that they'd added it for me, i just saw the notification in my emails. now, my username has been reported. my username, which was literally my name. god forbid you have any sort of identification on SPOTIFY anymore

It's really annoying. It removes my username every week or so and my picture about 6 hours after its uploaded. Like you said there's no way to appeal. Spotify really needs to make it easier to appeal for stuff like this. There's no solution besides deactivating my account and making a new one and I don't want to do that for obvious reasons. It just took down my username today and I'm trying again with the same username and a different photo in hopes that it'll quit, but I doubt it. I really hope Spotify gets something together to help people experiencing this issue. I've questioned if I'm being repeatedly reported by someone for whatever reason but I can't think of why that would even happen.

thank god i found this thread, ive been dealing with this same situation, i just got another wave of spam reports to my account, and its been really frustrating. ive just been getting these repeatedly and always on big amounts and theres been no solution to this on my end either?? my username and my profile picture keep being removed by spotify (or i guess, rather by the reporter), it just started for me about a month ago and i'm hysteric trying to contact support with spotify to let them know the contents in my profile are not innapropiate, misleading, hateful, etc., at all while i keep changing everything that's displaying publicly and privately in my account; i don't want to lose this account since i've been paying for premium and only did i cancel my plan recently due to fear of this account being suspended because of the reports. i seriously don't know what else to do and from what ive gathered this reporting system, whether its been from bots or someone, has no solution and has been an ongoing thing for years now.

quick edit right after making this reply: if any of the people in this thread were able to solve their problems with the mass reports, i'd like to know of the solution, sorry if i happened to bump this thread in any way.

Hey, for anyone who sees this now. It has not taken down my picture I uploaded a few days ago. Hoping it'll stay that way.

Suggested posts