Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

Solved!

Re: Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

leslieannrod

My husband and I have been listening to music simultaneously for months - both on the premium plan, he has his own account and I have mine. Today we suddenly found we were unable to listen simultaneously. I don't know what happened - any ideas?

How do I send the invite??

stef551
Regular
I aplogize I do not remember but it is well explained.
anyhow multiple device is absolutely possible in OFF LINE.
veery easy once you understand the trick in main menu.

I believe not so well explained. but ok…

1 person liked this

Philippabarr
Casual Listener
We have done all this and still the music stops on one device when another family premium member starts playing on their device

stef551
Regular
in the first menu - SPOTIFY - you will see… modalita’ off line - I READ IT IN ITALIAN
IT TOOK FOR AGES TO FIND IT. AND ONCE YOU FIND IT IT IS SO RIDICULOUS;
the thing is so obvious that it is almost not explained in spotify all the best

Philippabarr
Casual Listener
Thanks for trying to help but I can't find what you are referring to - where is the solution explained?

stef551
Regular

in the first menu,  spotify,   you will find PLAY OFF LINE.  in italian  MODALITA OFF LINE,  IT IS THE FOURTH VOICE.     ah  you have to first DOWNLOAD YOUR PLAYLIST IN THE DEVICE OR COMPUTER.     IN THE DEVICE or cellular,   I just go in the library,   THEN SEARCH THE PLAYLIST.   and play.  what is important to understand is that only one device at the time can run on the internet.     the others can play but only the dowloaded playlists in the hard drive of device.    I hope it can help.     I do not understand why spotify people don't make it easier to understand with a small video.   it took me for ever to understand the trick...

Lisaeljays
We are still having this problem - family account and my husband is the owner. When I try to play my own music his always overrides mine so we cannot listen to different music at the same time. Help please??!

stef551
Regular
Ola, first menu, the one of spotify, 4th voice. play in OFF LINE.

you have to first download in the device or computer… so that you do not need internet in the device.

rsrsrrsssr…

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @Lisaeljays

If all members use the same login information in their devices, your music will cutoff like it has been happening to you.

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create yourself a new account (if you haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since you'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through your Admin's account (the one who pays is the Family Admin).

Tell him to send the invite to the email you used to create your account.

Accept the invite logged in with your own username in the app and in the website and you'll be set. Just be sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Both will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. :)
osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS