Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

Solved!
Highlighted
1 person liked this

Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

ranbar
Casual Listener

Have added via email invite family members to Premium Family account but they cant play their own music simultaneously (still only one device at a time) as advertised - any suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 4 people liked this

Re: Family Premium multiple devices playing own music simultaneously

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@ranbar

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create the new accounts (if you haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for fb, if possible), since you'll be able to pick a spotify username / password. Using facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through invites (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the email you used to create your new accounts. Accept the invites and you'll be set. Everyone will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
48 Replies
Solution! 4 people liked this

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@ranbar

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create the new accounts (if you haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for fb, if possible), since you'll be able to pick a spotify username / password. Using facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through invites (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the email you used to create your new accounts. Accept the invites and you'll be set. Everyone will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

osorniosRock Star 22

ranbar
Casual Listener

Thanks, advice appreciated.  Unforutnatley I followed the steps (new account and accept invite) and recieved the following message: 

"Cannot join Premium for Family :-(.  Sorry!  You're already a member of thie (or another) Family plan.  Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan."

Any further advice would be further appre appreciated.

ranbar
Casual Listener

Hi. I found the invite in junk ... acepted ... and its all go.  Thanks for your help.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

You're welcome. We're here to help. :)

osorniosRock Star 22

vintagevixen73

will we all lose our saved artists and playlists if we do that though?

Zackell
Casual Listener
No, you will not lose your playlists or favorite artists

a greeting

gssolete

my wife and i each have an iphone, an android phone and an ipad mini. we have individual account and separate subscription before. i registered to premium family and added my wife. can she still use her account on all her three devices?

Zackell
Casual Listener

Sure, it is your account and you can use it on the device she wants.

Afmascia
So my original account is delighted by facebook, it always has been I'll need to use a different email and create all new playlists because my admin account will not let me play if it's in use by another user
SUGGESTED POSTS