Help: "A Facebook error has occurred..."

Solved!
Highlighted

Help: "A Facebook error has occurred..."

Regular

Hi,

how can I open a support ticket? I just bought a new smartphone (Fairphone 2, running Android 5). After installing facebook and Spotify, I can't log in to Spotify. I have a Premium Account associated with my Facebook account. Whenever I press "Login with Facebook" all i get is "A facebook error has occurred. Please try again." This error appears immediately, the app doesn't seem to check much. This error is persistent. I have reinstalled both Facebook and Spotify on my phone. I have logged in to Facebook. PLEASE HELP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Help: "A Facebook error has occurred..."

Regular

SOLVED: Spotify Login problems with Facebook account on mobile device:

If you can't login to your spotify app on your mobile device and created your spotify account with facebook:

So, Spotify crew didn't help me. I solved it: Browse to facebook.com, Settings (top right corner) > Security (left hand menu) > App Passwords. There, generate a password for "spotify". Use this password (and your Email address) to login to Spotify on your mobile app. This worked for me. Strange but true.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

SOLVED: Spotify Login problems with Facebook account on mobile device:

If you can't login to your spotify app on your mobile device and created your spotify account with facebook:

So, Spotify crew didn't help me. I solved it: Browse to facebook.com, Settings (top right corner) > Security (left hand menu) > App Passwords. There, generate a password for "spotify". Use this password (and your Email address) to login to Spotify on your mobile app. This worked for me. Strange but true.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dude that's amazing. I owe you my gratitude.

Highlighted

Regular

I know. It's **bleep**ing weird, but it works...Enjoy your Spotify then.

Highlighted

Thanks, Man!  I was at my wit's end, and the app is NOT at all intuitive for troubleshooting this stuff.  I appreciate you sharing your experience, and your wisdom.  You saved my weekend!

Marc 

Highlighted

Thank you !

Highlighted

Thank you very much, you saved me! Cheers!

Highlighted

Thank you. This worked exactly as you describe.

So weird
Highlighted

Thanks, had this problem for ages. There are solutions for accounts created by linking to Facebook but not when created directly by a Facebook linkup. Glad I found this thread!

Highlighted

Thank You, You are amazing!!!! 😄 😄 

SUGGESTED POSTS