Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I link my google account to Spotify?

Solved!

How can I link my google account to Spotify?

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

OnePlus 7 pro, PC, Notebook

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi there. I want to link my google account to spotify in order to use "log in with google" feature. Is that possible? My spotify account was created via facebook about 3 years ago.

My email on spotify is the same as google account email.

Снимок экрана 2020-10-03 194821.png
60 Replies

And just remember this is because we are on the damn LOGIN SCREEN, not a SIGN UP SCREEN

Bump, Bump. This problem is still not fixed. Seriously, how hard can it be ? If both email adresses are THE SAME ??????

Guess ppl still paying even without this posibility

The situaton is absolutely ridiculous! With same email address the feature is available in almost all familiar applications while the ehole process is clear to handle. Moreover as a developer I have a complete/detailed flow-chart to demonstrate how to handle SSO/OAuth logins besides/with native email registrations. It is really unbeliveable that Spotify can not handle the feature in 2022 (still).

it's 2022 and i still can't link my google account to spotify like i can with every other service on planet earth. my username is a string of numbers????????? working as a dev at spotify must be the easiest job in the world.

I wanted to link my Peloton to Spotify so I could get my playlist.  Nope.  Like everyone else here I can't log in my Google account.  Now I can't use that feature because my stupid account was set up years ago.  And it seems this can not be fixed.  I only chose Spotify because Peloton pimped it.  Now I regret my decision to go w/this service.  

Hey @go_WARCAT_go,

Thank you for joining the thread! We can understand why you'd feel frustrated with the situation, so let's find a way to mend it 🙂 !

In case you wish to use Google to connect your Peloton and Spotify accounts but your Spotify account is not linked to Google, you may create a new Spotify account, using 'Sign up with Google'.
Note: To see how you can copy your music from an old Spotify account to a new one, take a look at this thread.

If your issue is solely with the Google access, we'd recommend reaching out to their support!

We'll be on the lookout for your response & we're here for you if any questions arise.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If I created an account using my email for example: **bleep** but after some time I realized "Login with Google" existed, can I link the account created as an email above with Google and if I can then what I needs to do?

Hey @Jitees,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

At this point, there is no option to link both accounts as @Jeremy mentioned earlier in the thread.

If you'd like to use "Log in with Google" option - you have to sign up with google first. More info about that you can find in this article. 

We hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Because people can't remember how they login with 5000 different websites. Most you just try Facebook, Google, saved passwords and something will work. Ideally you have them all links so you can login with any of them but it appears Spotify is living in 2012 still.

I was wondering whether this was released or the feature is still in test phase ? )

NOT HELPING 

Created an account with a password, want to add Google Login. Having to create a brand new account is ridiculous, I have lots of playlists and likes saved, plus I'm on a family plan.

Adding support for multiple auth options should be totally feasible, plenty of other apps do it.

It's 2023 and this is STILL NOT IMPLEMENTED!!... I can't believe it, I googled for a solution about this back in 2020 and today trying to do the same I see this is still not fixed...  Any plans on actually doing this dev team?

Shame! Shame! Shame!

shame.png

Poor experience, I'll just switchover to YouTube Music instead 

I just canceled my Spotify subscription because I cannot link my Google account to my Spotify account. It's 2023 and you would think this would be corrected by now. Very disappointed.

This is NOT a solution. It's a very tedious workaround. The issue still persists and should not be marked as fixed! 

More 2 years and we are still in the same approach. Looks like this should be prioritized in the backlog 😉

Any chance of this ever getting implemented?  I would find it super-useful!

Suggested posts