Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I delete the old Spotify account and make a new one, will my premium subscription be restored?

If I delete the old Spotify account and make a new one, will my premium subscription be restored?

I had bought Spotify Premium on December 8, 2019. But since last 2 weeks or so, unwanted tracks of many unselected languages have been added to my playlists. I tried removing them but no success. Everyday new music gets added and all the effort goes in vain. That's why I thought of deleting this account with the premium subscription and creating a new one but I am not sure whether the premium subscription would be restored. Also, someone suggested that the support team can refresh the account back to certain date, so I am posting this question here. Help needed ASAP.

3 Replies

Hello @neildani

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password restet form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your accoun page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

However, if you want to start with a new account, make sure to cancel your subscription first on the account that you want to close

Then you can create a new Spotify account and resubscribe to Premium

If you want to transfer your music to the new account, make sure to follow the steps provided in this article

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Thank you. But I want to know whether on the new account, I'll get my premium restored. I have paid for a whole year at once, so I am asking.

Hi @neildani

Thanks for your response! 

Your subscription won't be restored on the new account on it's own, but you can contact Customer Support and they can do it for you if you decide to start fresh with a new account. 

You can find the contact form here

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

Suggested posts