If you expat you're not a Family

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone X, Macbook Pro

My Question or Issue

I'm extremely disappointed with this issue. My wife and I, italians, expat for two years in Canada, log into our Spotify accounts. My wife realized that has forgot the password, contact the customer service that create a new profile for her and transfer all her staff in the new account becouse she deleted her Facebook account that was linked to the old Spotify account.

After this issue I invite her again in our Family Plan but she could't login for an address error. I ask to the costumer service what we can do to fix this problem and the result was that she's new account is set up with a Canada country.

So the customer care tell me to create a new account and transfer all my old playlist and staff in the new one. Once everything was done I realized that a lot of songs are missed and all the artist that I was following are missed (the customer care did't tell me that). So they bring all my staff again in the old account that now is with a Canadian country setup as well.

But now, after all this troubles, we still can't use the Family plan because there's no option to edit the address. And we live toghether!!

Is 3 years that I pay Spotify, and they can just make me more trouble that I already have.

So bad service. So sad after all the money that I gave you.

6 Replies

Hey, @rbnz 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here!

I'll tryna help you before rather sen you to the Customer Team again.

But for now, I'd like that you answer that following questions before continue with the solutions:

1. Where are you both living now?
  2. Is your wife with you?
  3. Is there a Premium subscription active?
  4. Are both accounts active and accessible?
  5. Is your account and your wife's account connected to Facebook?

Please, answer my questions if you're comfortable and I'll tryna help you as soon as possible.

If you need more information, please let me know!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Luan,

we don’t want to speak with a Spotify customer “care” anymore, we’re so embittered now.

1. We’re now living in Canada and still doesn’t know how long we’ll be hear, probably two years.

2. Yes, she’s with me and we still live together.

3. Now I have activated a Premium account just for me because I cannot live without my music. We’re still thinking what way we would take. Two separate premium account, change service and say goodbye to Spotify after 3 years.. Don’t know now.

4. Both account are active and accessible.

5. My account is connected to Facebook, my wife account is not.

let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you very much, seriously.

Hey there @rbnz,

thanks for posting in the community !

When using Premium for Family, all account need to be registered under the same phyisical address the users currently live in, Even if it's temporary.

It's not possible to change the address so a user who wants to join the plan will need a new account with the correct address.

You can contact support again and have them help you with it.

Let me know if you have any further questions 😃

Hey again, @rbnz 

Thanks for the answers. I understand your problem much better now.

Initially your both accounts were set up to Italy, but when your wife created a new account, already in Canada, her account became a Canadian account, so because of that you have that issue when you tried to invite her to your family again.

So now, I suggest that you choose a country that your accounts will be set it up, based on your payment method. So, if your payment method is Italian, I suggest that you set your accounts up in Italy. But if you want to place your accounts in Canadian, both need to set up in Canadian. Right?

To set your accounts up to another country, follow these steps:

Premium

If you have Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as you like! But if you permanently move to another country, you need to update your country settings and change your payment method to one that's been issued in your new country. 

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait until your account reverts back to the free, ad-supported service at the end of your current billing cycle.
  3. Log in to your account page
  4. Click EDIT PROFILE
  5. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  6. Click SAVE PROFILE.
  7. Resubscribe to Premium using a payment method issued in your new country. 

After you change the country of your accounts, have in mind that some songs may disappear, because the availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

After all, if you need to recuperate your songs and playlists that were in your old account, you need to be in touch with the Customer Team.

If you need more information or have any other questions, let me know here!

I hope that you can solve your issues and continuing having the best sound experience with Spotify!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Ehi Hezorg,

this is what we do, but it was not working. I changed my profile as well with a Canada setup, I make another subscription with a Canadian payment, I invited my wife, but she did’t know what address put in the invitation, an me too because anywhere Spotify ask me to edit the Sreet and the Postal code, just the country. So in the meanwhile I was chatting with the Costumer Care (for two hours, I’m not joking), but they didn’t help me in any way. They just tell me that I can’t to have a family premium until I go back to Italy. But I think they didn’t know exactly about what they were talking.

So now we are married, with two account with a Canada country, with a Canadian payment but we are not able to have a Family premium subscription and the support doesn’t help us at all, after 3 years of payment. Ah I forgot, and with a lot of songs lost because we are in another country now.

Meanwhile, millions of people download music illegally or hack Spotify and we waste our time to know how is possible this things happen without anyone that give you an help from an agency that you always payd for a service.

Hey, @rbnz 

I'm sorry that you couldn't solve your issue yet. Now, I suggest that you take a look on this following article about the Premium for Family, specifically "Change Address".

Let me know if you can solve your issue.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts