Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library Song Limit

Solved!

Library Song Limit

Spotify staff-

I recently reached the 10,000 song limit in my library, which is a great disappointment.  As a loyal customer for over 3 years, I have thoroughly enjoyed your product, so much that I have shifted to using it as my main source of music collection.  There must be some way that you can enable "super users" to continue to file and organize their music over this arbitrary limit.  

There may not be many of us, but (and this should be obvious) those of us that actually reach this limit are your core constituents.  We are passionate about music and your product, and I can tell you that I have gotten at least 20 people to sign up to Spotify Premium over the past couple of years as I have raved about it.  I will continue to do so, with the caveat that Spotify just isn't yet ready to become a full-fledged music library of record for musical aficianados, much to my disappointment.

One more thought: You may find interest in the creation of some type of super user account that would allow you to charge SLIGHTLY more for those of us who desire or require a higher song limit (say, unlimited...) without having to alter the accounts of your millions of users.  Bottom line is that unlimited should mean unlimited, especially in this age of big data, but a 10,000 song cap with no alternative is absurd.

Thanks

271 Replies

As an all-time album and music lover, I am as a outraged as most of you. Just signed in for the trial month last week and immediately hit the ridiculous limit. After reading all this and seeing the awful explanation of Spotify (not to mention the “epic collection friend” joke), I’m definitely out of here. I went to Amazon, which appears to have no limit, and I’ve already saved albums worth more than 10k songs. Bye bye Spotify.

Hello @TaraLynn1!

Thanks for contacting the community. Unfortunately Spotify has stated, that for the time being, at least, that they have no intentions of expanding the 10,000 song limit.

If you want to suggest Spotify expanding the limit you can always suggest a new idea so users can vote for it and hopefully, they'll take it into account.

I hope to help you, feel free to write back, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Seems like just lazy progamming on Spotify's fault. Its surely an easy fix. Apparently the folks at Spotify are just too fascist to do anything about it. #altrightspotify

I'd like everyone who quite justifiably complains about this topic to browse to this site

and vote for removal of the limit. Maybe if it gets enough votes, Spotify will notice. I worry that they ignore or are unaware of this posting.

Hello bhombrenuevo!

In my opinion, Spotify really cares about the ideas proposed here. By the time, hundreds of ideas have been implemented.

By the time, Spotify has stated that expanding the 10.000 songs limit is not one of their priorities. However, if you want to support this idea, make sure to vote it here.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the community and fel free to write back, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Lord Rollin, 

This is unacceptable. Please put me in touch with someone who has a better solution. 

Thank You, 

Michael 

Hello @Santosmiguel!

Thanks for contacting the community. Unfortunately Spotify has stated, that for the time being, at least, that they have no intentions of expanding the 10,000 song limit.

If you want to suggest Spotify expanding the limit you can always vote here so Spotify can see it and hopefully, they'll take it into account.

I really hope to help you, feel free to write back, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Apple music apparently has a library limit of 100.000...
This problem is making me thing of looking into switching services.

I have now been using Google Play since the original post. Quite impressed. You can also upload your own music whivh helps with unreleased mixtapes and projects that you may not find on other streaming services.

Yeah I was just looking into it.
looks like the option im going to go with.
Thanks 🙂

No worries. As said, the lack of interest showed by Spotify is outstanding and if I have to go through the pain of switching libraries, I'd rather do that then to worry about whether they will increase the song limit or not.

Migrate your library to any service that cares more by using https://soundiiz.com. I moved the whole lot to Tidal as I got sick of the complete lack of action or acknowledgement at Spotify on this very issue. Soundiiz can also migrate back and forth with Apple Music etc. Vote with your feet. 

just hit the 10k limit, i had no idea until my saves stopped working and i thought it was spotify being broken as usual, but three restarts later it finally told me i hit the limit.

I already had some other problems, like the random feature more or less breaking around 7-8k songs in library and no longer being random. I mean i love spotify, i listen to spotify 20 hours a day and if you think that is a joke you should probably look at my profile because it's true.

In my business, if a bug only affects 0.1% of users it's still worth fixing. Fix your psudorandom and fix the limit spotify, there's no excuse really.

That's what my impressions were too "oh this library we use has a hard time rendering data if more than 10k records have to be parsed...."

SOLUTION: 

#define HARD_LIBRARY_CAP 10000

#lgtm

lolface.png

??

How did you get past the 10,000 limit?

S/he switched to Apple Music... not even sure why spitify exists.... after ignorning users for so long now they want to improve... 

I call BS... they are losing money and see themselves going under.  

Their arogance was their downfall and I'm sad it is going to happen... but I'm glad it caused competitors to step up and provide a great user experience.  

Instead of saving an album only save 1st song of the album. I listen by
artist. When selected, all the albums are instantly available. The
playlist thing works too. Presently have just under 300 artists with all
their albums.

Hi.

I would be interested in knowing how you are able to have more than 10000 songs in one playlist. Did you use something other than Spotify?

Regards Lasse

Never had a 10000 playlist. My average playlist would be 20-50 songs.
Presently have 40 playlists.

Suggested posts