Local Files

Solved!

Local Files

Plan - Premium

-------------------

Country - Ireland

Device - XBOX Spotify App 

My Question or Issue 

Ive owned spotify for around 2 years now and ive recently found the "Local Files" feature on my computer which allowes me to add songs that arent on spotify onto my playlist, everything is perfect the songs appear in my playlist on my computer and my phone but when i launch spotify on my xbox the songs dont show up and when i try changing songs through my phone or computer while listening on xbox the songs wil be greyed out, it would be great if the xbox spotify app supported the local files feature 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @DanCustom!

I think, as @LlukKas said, that since your files aren't in Spotify servers (they're in your computer) you might not be able to listen to them from your xbox.

However, that sounds like a great idea! I'd suggest submitting it as a new idea so users can vote for it and, hopefully, they'll implement it.

Make sure to ask any other questions, I'll be happy to help. Cheers, Jose 😉

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Your computer shows your tracks located on your computer. I guess, as soon you move somewhere else it will not appear or play, since your new device has no access to your computer. 

Marked as solution

Hello @DanCustom!

I think, as @LlukKas said, that since your files aren't in Spotify servers (they're in your computer) you might not be able to listen to them from your xbox.

However, that sounds like a great idea! I'd suggest submitting it as a new idea so users can vote for it and, hopefully, they'll implement it.

Make sure to ask any other questions, I'll be happy to help. Cheers, Jose 😉

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts