Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logged and logged in of FB and username still numbers

Logged and logged in of FB and username still numbers

Hey guys

I moved from the UK to India and purchased a spotify premium account over here with a local card changing my country and all.

My username changed to a bunch of numbers.

I searched online for a solution for this and all it said was to log out of facebook and then log back in which didn't solve the issue for me.

This system is terrible. It has no reason to display my true username and I have no clue why it changed my display name randomly.

If anyone has a way to get in touch with the support staff for a transfer of acc or change of display name, I'd really appreciate it.

8 Replies

Hi, as far as I know, Spotify now is giving the random string as username to all new accounts. Even my account also has a random string. But you don't have to worry about it as your email id that is registered with Spotify is everything. No one will ask for your username.

I also initially created an account with email and added facebook later but the username is the random string. Don't worry about it. As I said your email id is everything.

Hope this helps.

This is not a new account. its years old. I already know it won't ask for my username... Did you even ready my post or are you just harvesting random internet points ?

I did read your post. But please check this support article which will answer your query: https://support.spotify.com/sk/account_payment_help/account_basics/change-my-username/

Hey

This problem is linked with your move to India. I recently deleted my facebook account and I was using that to log into my spotify and I had this long string of numbers. 

What you can try to do is, since your facebook account is still active you can log out of your SPOTIFY and set up an account through your GOOGLE account instead. 

Put in your email id (the gmail account you use for facebook), spotify will prompt that email id already has an account and then it will allow you to set a new password. None of your playlists or data will be lost in this process and I think it should get your username back.

I am also having this problem, I deactivated my Facebook and tried logging in with just my email and it acts like I have another account.

All of you saying that we don't need to worry about the numbers needs to stop because they are obviously a problem when half my friends list is numbers and I have no idea who anyone is. It's ridiculous that we can't at least change a display name or something, that should be an easy fix but Spotify doesn't seem to care.

{snip - Community Moderator edit}

Hi, after investigating this issue I found out that this is a normal thing to happen if you initially created your Spotify account with Facebook and later disconnected facebook from your Spotify account. I would highly recommend you to read this answer: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/My-username-has-turned-in-to-a-number-What-do-I-do/... which will not only explain why did this happen but also the possible steps that you can take.
Hope this helps.

I assumed that was why it was happening but I just want to appear as a human not a robot and would like to see my friend's names. I never even disconnected my FB account from Spotify until I started having this problem  so idk why it happened in the first place. Hopefully they fix it soon because it's very annoying. 

Hey @user-removed, @KmBrL33 and @my_name_suppi,

Be sure that you have Opted in to sharing your Facebook info on this page. Make sure as well you allowed Spotify access to your info in your Facebook settings which can be done here. Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours before changes take effect and you might need to log out and back in.

If you still don't see your name in Spotify, then it's likely that something is wrong with your account. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username, which is now the number. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts