Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in on Roku

Logging in on Roku

I have spent over two hours trying to figure this out after excitedly upgrading to premium: I only want to log into Spotify on my Roku 2. My excitement has turned into serious defeatedness. I have tried logging in with facebook (which is how I set up my Spotify account) using my regular email and password, alternate email and regular password, the 8-digit "userID" I found when digging through my facebook settings>app settings>logged in with facebook>spotify>get help from app developers, all to no avail. I have dug through my Spotify account to simply find my 10-digit username. I have requested a "set device password" from Spotify which worked in sending me an email with my 10-digit username and a link to click to set a device password, but when I click it, it brings me to a page that says "Oh no. Something has gone wrong. But don't be sad. You can try again a little bit later." It has been at least an hour and I've tried the link muliple times. I tried opening the link in an incognito window and it forces me to log in using facebook. I have unplugged my roku multiple times. I have deleted the app and reinstalled mulitple times. I have tried everything that I can think of. Spotify has no telephone customer service which is terribly unprofessional in my humble opinion.  Is there something I am missing? I was really excited to have apotify on my Roku/TV.

8 Replies

Hey @AllieEm,

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, Thanks for responding, but when I go to the security ("security and
login") page, there is no option for "app passwords." There is an option to
"change password" or "login with picture" and other options that have
nothing to do with apps or spotify. I also tried looking in the "app" page
and there is nothing there for generating app passwords.

Any other ideas? 😕

-A

@AllieEm

Be sure you are correctly logged in to your Facebook account and then use this link.

You should find the Generate App Password link in there. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you! It wound up working. (I also changed my facebook password, and
then was able to log in with the new password. I don't know if that had
anything to do with it). Thanks again!

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

What do you use for the Roku Facebook username? I've been trying to use the first.lastname.8 format and haven't been able to get anywhere. I can't use my email because only my cell number is linked to my account.

Funny, I DEFINITELY don't see "app password" as an option on that EXACT link either.

I did the generate app password for Spotify and it still is giving me the same code. I even have tried to make a brand new profile to login on my roku, and I have even tried changing my Facebook password, I am still getting the same 6.4 error code. 

Suggested posts