Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MY ACCOUNT GOT HACKED

MY ACCOUNT GOT HACKED

Dear Spotify,

I am a very upset PAYING customer that had been having issues trying to recover my account with absolutely no support from anyone. I received an email last night that someone from Russia has accessed my account. I followed the steps to reset my password and when I tried to log back on, all of my music was gone and my PREMIUM account was changed to FREE. 
i have checked my bank account and the Spotify transaction was POSTED today not pending POSTED so there was absolutely no problem with billing. I honestly don’t know what to do at this point I have been with you guys for several years and this shouldn’t be happening. 
Your Spotify support email didn’t help and support site doesn’t work for these kinds of problems. I’m sure many other people have been having the same issue. Please do better.

Sincerely, a very upset loyal customer 

5 Replies

Hey, @abigaila123 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Firstly, I'd like to say that we are aware of the problems some users are facing when trying to reach out to Customer Support, but note that the ability to respond to help requests on Spotify side in very limited in light of the Covid-19 disease outbreak. Be sure they are doing their best to try to help everyone...

About your situation, I really comprehend how frustrating it is, but on the other hand, I'm happy to know that you recovered the access to your account, so in other to avoid any other security breach, I recommend that you that a look at this following support article to keep your account always safe:

About your Premium subscription, you can renew it anytime you want to, just following the same steps you've already taken in the past. If you had some remaining days of Premium, they will continue running into your account normally.

Finally, I really comprehend how your songs and playlists can be important to you, so you can recover your lost playlists anytime, through your account page. Just follow up these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists on the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I followed your steps but now I have been charged twice this month. Both on separate days and both payments have been posted to my account. 

Hey again, @abigaila123 

Sorry for the delay and thank you for keeping me in the loop.

Could you double-check your inbox and search for both receipts? If you cannot find both of them, perhaps your card is being used to pay for Premium on another account... Also, do you know if your payment failed last month? Sometimes when it happens, if your billing date is about the end of the month, Spotify continues trying to execute the payment during the next days after the standard billing date, and sometimes it happens that the payment is executed twice the month after the payment failure on the other month. So, if possible double-check these things...

At last, but not least, I also recommend that you take a look at this following related article to get more information about your case:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I could not find both receipts and I was charged last month.
Looks like someone is using my card. How do I find out which payment to stop? Or would I have to completely change my card information?

And would I get a refund for the payment that’s not mine?

Hey again, @abigaila123 

Please, first I suggest that you take a look at this following support article and give the tips a try to check if you have another account that may be using your payment method:

After the double-checking process, if you don't have another Premium account, maybe your card is being used by someone else, so the best recommendation is that you get in touch with the Customer Support and they will help you with it. 

And about the refund, standard, users are just able to get a refund for payment issues on Spotify side. Get more information about it here:

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts