Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved to another country, ZIP code error?!

Moved to another country, ZIP code error?!

So I created my account in the US, and was subscribed to premium account. But recently I just moved back to my homecountry Indonesia, and I want to change the credit card I'm using and also the country on my profile. So I unsubscribed my premium account, and am planning to re-subscribe using my Indonesian credit card.

The problem is:

On the account overview, it still says that my country is the US, but when I clicked Edit My Profile, it already says Indonesia (yet the ZIP code is still my American ZIP code). For some reason I can't change the ZIP code to my Indonesian ZIP code. When I try it, it says "The zip code you entered was not valid for the selected country." and I am 100% certain it IS my actual ZIP code. Yes, I already tried changing my credit card info. When I filled in my indonesian credit card info, on the "postal code" box obviously I put indonesian ZIP, but it also says the code is not valid.

How do solve this???? I just need to be on premium account again!!!

Thanks y'all.

2 Replies

Hey @bungaastiti,

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info before changing countries. What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile, zip code, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

If you're on Premium and changed the payment details and country settings to Indonesia, the new payment method and country settings be in effect from your next payment date.

More info you can find here https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-settin...

Suggested posts