Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Username automatically replaced into freaking long code!

My Username automatically replaced into freaking long code!

After I deactivated my facebook account my spotify username automatically replaced into freaking long code, I don't know why! can you fix this issue my friends can't find my profile and albums!

6 Replies

Hey there @kingvilar

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

Usernames are created automatically by the system for security reasons. That’s why they consist of random numbers and letters. It’s not possible to change your username, but you can create a display name upon registering your Spotify-account. This has the advantage that several users can use the same display name. Usernames on the other hand remain unique.

We suggest you head to this help page. You'll find useful tips on how to proceed with your username after deactivating your Facebook account. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hi Ivan,
I set a display name before and works but after I connect my facebook and deactivate it the display name or username became a very long code.

Hi @kingvilar,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Just to confirm - have you created your account through Facebook or through the Spotify website, and then later connected it to Facebook?

More info on how to use the app with a deactivated Facebook can be found here

If you reconsider, you can reactivate your Facebook. If you don't feel like doing so but want a different display name, you should create a new account and transfer your music to it.

We'll be keeping out an eye for your reply!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

through the Spotify website, and then later connected it to Facebook

I have a similar problem. I deactivated my Facebook account ,then my username suddenly became something like code. I have just reactivated my Facebook account but the username is still the same. Will my username back to normal,the way it used to be?

Hey there @kingvilar,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Hi @Senem and thanks for tuning in here! 

What we would advise you is to carefully read the info and follow the steps of this article. Bear in mind that after toggling Process My Facebook Data on it could take up to 48 hours before the changes of the display name take effect.

Let us know what happens after you've followed the instructions and waited for 48 hours.

Have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts