Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is a bunch of random numbers

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random numbers

I created my account in November of last year via Facebook, from the moment I finished signing up I have this username, a bunch of random numbers and letters.

Since then I have unlinked Facebook, I have linked it again and despite that my username does not change.

I also tried creating a new account but had the same issue, the username I defined ended up changing to a random string (Via facebook or not).

Plan

Premium

Country

México

Device

S9

Operating System

Android Pie

Captura.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After contacting support I managed to solve it:

Go to your account: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

Then Privacy Settings > Enable 'Process my Facebook data'  (Renable it if already enabled) 

Inside the app connect to Facebook (Again: Reconnect if already connected) 

Then wait 24 to 48 hours until your username is updated and an additional 24hrs until it gets indexed in the search bar.

View solution in original post

2.JPG
1.JPG
13 Replies

Seems like here my username was indeed saved correctly

Hi @shaileger 

Sorry to hear about this. Please refer to this link for more info on usernames.

Let me know if it helps!

Hey @shaileger,

Just to add to what @DanielTham had written, I'd like to clarify that usernames are now generated automatically and they cannot be changed. For full info on this, we suggest you check out this support article.

But, if you created your account through Facebook, you will have your Facebook profile name displayed in the app instead. In case it isn't showing, take a look at this Spotify Answer and go through the steps to see it magically reappear 🙂

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if you still need help.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I must have opted out of Facebook using my data because my picture and name went away and is just numbers. Over the last two weeks I have go in and allowed Facebook to use my data, logged in and out a few times and still nothing. When I got back into settings for some reason it shows that I haven't let Facebook use my data and ill reselect it but it won't let me "save" it. I'm so confused. Anyone know why this is happening?

Marked as solution

After contacting support I managed to solve it:

Go to your account: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

Then Privacy Settings > Enable 'Process my Facebook data'  (Renable it if already enabled) 

Inside the app connect to Facebook (Again: Reconnect if already connected) 

Then wait 24 to 48 hours until your username is updated and an additional 24hrs until it gets indexed in the search bar.

2.JPG
1.JPG

yes i have clicked multiple times to enable Facebook to use my data but there is no way to save that it and when i go back in to check it says I have opted out of it every time 😞

Hey there @sully55667

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you open your account page in a private/incognito window and trying the toggle button for Facebook-data once again. This will make sure you avoid issues with the cache-memory on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

thank you for your help, I tired what you suggested with the private window and the same thing keeps happening. I can change the bottom to opt in to processing my Facebook data but there is no way to "save" the change so when I exit out and go back in it is deselected again. so weird 

Hey @sully55667,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly and letting us know what happens.

There's no 'Save Changes' button. We suggest you try a clean reinstall of the app and toggling on the Process My Facebook Data button again. 

Let us know if that helps to keep the made changes stick! 

We'll stay tuned for your reply 🙂

PetyaModerator

yes i have tried that as well. I did a clean install on both my computer and my phone and it is still the same 

Hi @sully55667,

Thanks for trying out all of the steps we've provided so far. 

Can you clarify if your Facebook account is still active?

Have you disconnected your Facebook account from your Spotify account? If that's the case and your account was created through Facebook, you'll start seeing numbers instead of your name. Also, it won't be possible to reconnect your Facebook to your Spotify account.

If that's what happened, you might want to create a new account and transfer all of your saved content to it. For more info, check this article

Keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

Hi Sully,

I had this too, I found that doing the following worked for me:

• Toggle the switch to 'on'
  • Wait a couple of seconds
  • Toggle the switch to off
    • A popup appears "Are you sure?"
  • Click cancel

When I refreshed the page the Facebook toggle was enabled instead of disabled.

Hope this helps!

Alex

Hey again @sully55667,

Thanks for staying with us while trying to get this solved! 

There's an Ongoing Issue that was created about Process My Facebook Data not staying turned on. Apparently there are more users experiencing this. 

We encourage you to go there and add your vote to show you're affected by this too. You can do this by clicking on +VOTE. If you want to stay informed about any updates, feel free to subscribe. 

We ask you to bear with us and let us know if we can help with anything else related to Spotify in the meantime! 

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts