Free

Country

Canada

Device

Android (Motorola X4)

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

When i login in my account the message appears is that i am abroad and if you want to listen more than 14 days you have to visit Spotify.com ? I am in canada and can't understand why this message is popping up ? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @harnoor24. Thanks for reaching out!

When you receive a message in the app that you can't use Spotify because you've been abroad for 14 days, you'll need to upgrade. Using Spotify abroad for more than 14 days is a Premium only feature.

If the country currently set in your account matches your current IP address then this option will be greyed out:
To change your country you’ll need to add a new subscription:
1. Click Subscription at the top of the page, then Add a payment method.
2. Select Get Premium.
3. You can change the country for your account at the top of the page by clicking the country name and selecting a new one from the drop-down.
4. Select a payment method and click Continue to confirm the changes and purchase your subscription.

If you’re already a paying customer:
1. Click Update your payment details.
2. Choose your new country from the drop down menu, enter your zip code, select your new payment method and press Change.

To log back in use a VPN set to the place you first created the acccount.
If you have any other question please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @harnoor24,

Let’s say you created your account in Seattle, USA. You may set your VPN to USA and it will choose a random state but unless you manually choose Seattle in that VPN you won’t login. The reasons why are on my first reply 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @harnoor24. Thanks for reaching out!

When you receive a message in the app that you can't use Spotify because you've been abroad for 14 days, you'll need to upgrade. Using Spotify abroad for more than 14 days is a Premium only feature.

If the country currently set in your account matches your current IP address then this option will be greyed out:
To change your country you’ll need to add a new subscription:
1. Click Subscription at the top of the page, then Add a payment method.
2. Select Get Premium.
3. You can change the country for your account at the top of the page by clicking the country name and selecting a new one from the drop-down.
4. Select a payment method and click Continue to confirm the changes and purchase your subscription.

If you’re already a paying customer:
1. Click Update your payment details.
2. Choose your new country from the drop down menu, enter your zip code, select your new payment method and press Change.

To log back in use a VPN set to the place you first created the acccount.
If you have any other question please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hey thank you for the solution . That abroad problem is now solved but now i am facing another one . Instead of that abroad message now i am getting nothing when i click the login button . it just says logging in but after that nothing happens and i am stuck on the log in screen . I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but nothing seems to work . Please help me !

Marked as solution

Hey @harnoor24,

Let’s say you created your account in Seattle, USA. You may set your VPN to USA and it will choose a random state but unless you manually choose Seattle in that VPN you won’t login. The reasons why are on my first reply 🙂

Thank you very much for this help .. I am now able to login use Spotify 😍 .. 

Suggested posts