Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

My activity feed is not updating, I just see the same thing from weeks ago (I follow lots of people who I know are all constantly using spotify). None of the solutions in the past posts suggests anything that works to fix it. I've logged out, restarted, etc. Any new suggestions?

There is no excuse for messing up profile details (resulting in no user data, no photo and user name showing up as a number in the Spotify UI) and even less of an excuse for not acknowledging the problem, which is widespread.

I like Spotify but I don't love it.  I have always found the PC interface to be temperamental and poorly engineered and the design clunky.

Spotify is supposed to be a social music network.  How can this issue not have been fixed, or even acknowledged?  I am now going to use an iTunes link to an album on Facebook, not Spotify.

Spotify, you have until Friday to fix this before I uninstall and choose another music streaming service.  And I will not be coming back.

I'm having the same problem. I also can't share songs with any of my usual friends...when I go to message them, they just have a random number instead of their name and picture.

What's going on??

its horrible. i know. i can't even view MY OWN profile nor theirs. i follow them and everything. i hate this.

Neither my activity feed nor profile is showing up today either!

There seem to be some ongoing server problems affecting facebook real names, profiles and a few other things. The team is working on it.

if i end up getting help on this topic, and i've tried everything- i'll repost here.

i've emailed them as well

im not connected thru facebook. how will will we know when this is fixed? or if we need to reboot etc?

Yeah it is mind-blowing that no official acknowledgement has been made!

Same problem here.. :S

Hey everyone, 

We're looking into this as we speak and we'll let everyone know as soon as we have an update. 

We really appreciate your patience with this and have our best guys working on a fix. 

I'm having the same issue as well..

Saaaameeeee problem!! :((

since yesterday it's just like this is my feed in blank and that's supposed to be my profile... blank... and my name just numbers :'(..

spotify.png

on both my iphone 4 and windows 7 i cannot access my profile or any of my friends on the right activity feed. i have done a clean uninstall/reinstall twice on my windows 7 and once on my iphone 4. i'm still having the same issue. 

i see other people are having the same issue.. haven't seen a resolution yet. 

Can you help this started yesterday.

Thanks,

H.

Also i am having NO issue connecting through facebook... and i CAN connect successfully on the website and i see my profile there. just not on the app. and all of my playlists are fine.

@10134 I'm merging your thread into another thread about the same thing. Server issues are being worked on.

I have the same issue!  I did a clean reinstall and it fixed my profile name issue (it is no longer a number) and I can find people on the site, but they can't send music to me.  And my activity feed is frozen.  Please help!  

Problem persists today. Last night I got two updates to my Activity Feed (a friend appeared to play two songs), but then it was blank again, without the "residual" activity entries that are usually there. This morning, I got a little message inside the otherwise blank Activity Feed window that said (something like) "Your people aren't loading properly right now" and there was a RETRY button. The RETRY button did not work. 

I reinstalled Spotify per the provided instructions and it does not appear to have addressed any of the problems -- I have no profile pic, no profile name (just my account number), a blank Activity Feed, my profile info will not load, and my followers show up as numbers. However, with the reload, my ads and Discover recommendations have refreshed (I had a Shakira banner all day yesterday, and now I get a Skrillex banner). 

Per the Spotify team's recommendation, I tried play.spotify.com and the web player appeared to have the same problems, largely. Although my profile pic and Facebook name displayed properly in the window on the left, when I clicked on it, my profile info would NOT load (it looks like it's trying to load but it remains blank). Also, in the web player, my playlists display as perpetually "Loading..." 

I've reinstalled and it didn't work, my activity feed is blank, no notifications, profile page is still blank. Hope a fix is soon, I'm a paying subscriber and these kinds of things are happening way too frequently.  If I am paying for a service it should work as promised, there is never any mention of prorating our montly fee for all the days we are not getting what we pay for. The answer is always reinstall, well that didn't work so now what?

I'm having the same problem! 

Suggested posts