Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

Peter, you once helped me with this issue (profile not showing, not pictures). I've uninstalled a few times, to no avail. And also getting error 17 so have to install in safe mode, and then the profile works, but when i restart in non safe mode, so profile. You once gave me a code to put into a run command, that solved it I think. Does that sound familiar?

Found it:

Just fixed it with this from THE LEGEND. Thanks.

If you guys are using Windows, can you try launching Spotify from a command line using:

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

If you aren't familiar with how to do this, easiest way is:

- Press Start.

- Type "run" and hit return. You should get a little "Run" dialogue.

- As long as your Spotify is installed in the default location, copy and paste the command above into the box (clear whatever is in it first).

- Press OK. Spotify should launch.

@user-removed - Glad you found it! 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am still having the same problem on my pc and mac. I'm attaching a partial screenshot from my mac. 

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 6.38.32 PM.png

@miggsg - Just double checked that user account for you, it is showing as connected to the Facebook profile of Miguel <Privacy> and shows your Facebook profile picture correctly. 

My guess is it is just a temporary issue and your client is having issues retrieving the data from Facebook. 

Peter

I'm having this issue right now too; numbers and no picture. I just saw it, and  don't know for how long it's been like that before I noticed. Hopefully it's just temporary, otherwise I'll need to check back.

@acofm89 - What is your user ID number and I can check?

Peter

Please do. It's 1145083754. Thanks 🙂

Yay, I got my name back! 😄

Hello.

Yesterday I followed some artists (Michael Jackson, Phill Collins, Eric Clapton, for example) in the artist page, they were added to "Your Music" and "Artists", and the numer of artists i was "following" in "my profile" tab did increase, but when i clicked it, i got the message (with an exclamation mark): "Oh dear. That didn't work. Please have another go".

Today i wasn't already following that artists in the "Artist Page" (had to do it again), and they disapeared from the "You music" / "Artists" page, and the total count on the "following" tab in my profile decreased agaid. 

Does anyone have any similar problem?

AL.

Strange. What platform was that on?

I just started Spotify and i got the numbers, my FB is connected. And my frends can only se the numbers and no pic...

Untitled.jpg

Hey, it seems to be taking a day or two to pull your profile from facebook - not sure what's wrong. Give it until Monday and shout if it hasn't appeared.

Hello.

I'm on Andoid V.4.4.2 on an HTC One (M7)

Rui Lopes.

@Joe wrote:

Strange. What platform was that on?

@alfinete99k - There does appear to be something up with the following system, the Spotify team are looking into it.

Peter

Hi, i have the same problem... My friends see a blank profile picture and the code 11146896865 instead of my real name

@D9n2l - Has it always been like this or just broke recently?

Peter

Still the same here, just numbesr and no pic

I subscribed today in the morning... and i had this problem since then

same here.

3-4 days ago, I cut the link between spotify and FB by mistake, which was led to duplicate account. Support team helped me and it is alright right now.

However, when I got my account back and linked to FB again, there was all numbers instead of my FB name. Also other people see me as numbers. I've asked a few people for make sure. It's been 2 days and still same.

please help!

spof.png

Suggested posts