Announcements

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!
Highlighted

Activity Feed Not Working

Casual Listener

My activity feed is not updating, I just see the same thing from weeks ago (I follow lots of people who I know are all constantly using spotify). None of the solutions in the past posts suggests anything that works to fix it. I've logged out, restarted, etc. Any new suggestions?

Highlighted

Fix the missing profile data by Friday 03/28 or I'm out

Regular

There is no excuse for messing up profile details (resulting in no user data, no photo and user name showing up as a number in the Spotify UI) and even less of an excuse for not acknowledging the problem, which is widespread.

I like Spotify but I don't love it.  I have always found the PC interface to be temperamental and poorly engineered and the design clunky.

Spotify is supposed to be a social music network.  How can this issue not have been fixed, or even acknowledged?  I am now going to use an iTunes link to an album on Facebook, not Spotify.

Spotify, you have until Friday to fix this before I uninstall and choose another music streaming service.  And I will not be coming back.

Highlighted

Re: Activity Feed Not Working

Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. I also can't share songs with any of my usual friends...when I go to message them, they just have a random number instead of their name and picture.

What's going on??

Highlighted

Regular

its horrible. i know. i can't even view MY OWN profile nor theirs. i follow them and everything. i hate this.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Neither my activity feed nor profile is showing up today either!

Highlighted

Community Legend

There seem to be some ongoing server problems affecting facebook real names, profiles and a few other things. The team is working on it.

Highlighted

Regular

if i end up getting help on this topic, and i've tried everything- i'll repost here.

i've emailed them as well

Highlighted

Regular

im not connected thru facebook. how will will we know when this is fixed? or if we need to reboot etc?

Highlighted

Re: Fix the missing profile data by Friday 03/28 or I'm out

Casual Listener

Yeah it is mind-blowing that no official acknowledgement has been made!

Highlighted

Re: My profile picture and name won't show up?

Same problem here.. :S

SUGGESTED POSTS