[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: My profile picture and name won't show up?

Regular

I haven't posted much to the community, but I've read lots of threads about past problems, and "issue acknowledgment" is not one of Spotify's strong suits. They quickly discuss problems that have been addressed and problems for which there are easy fixes, but lingering problems tend to go awhile without much or any dialog. I'm expecting this one to be with us for a good long while. 

For anyone from Spotify who is listening, my issue is ongoing -- have logged in from two computers and one mobile device. I've restarted Windows, re-installed Spotify, and logged in/out numerous times. 

Yeah. my guess is a good, long, wait. 

Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Hope it's fixed soon!

Highlighted

Community Legend

Are you guys still having issues?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.  Very frustrating.  In addition to not seeing my profile picture and having my name being just numbers, I cannot see any followers or follow anyone. And when I try to find friends, it's not working.  Very frustrating!

Highlighted

Having the same problem as everyone above. It was working fine 12hrs ago and I hadn't logged on till now since then.

Besides the blank profile pix, profile page and activities log not loading, my profile name is now showing my spotify user name and not the previously used Facebook name. Also, my friends cannot see my song activity either. Isn't this one of the reasons we enjoy this service? There was a problem with my activities log showing activities from a few days ago as soon as I log on and now it's not showing at all.

I have logged in/out and reinstalled several times (as instructed by your reinstallation post) without sucess. I thought it may have been my OS update to 10.9 but that was 4 days ago. This is truly frustrating and I hope the problem would be resolved soon.

On a more positive note, I can now receive inbox messages from both laptop and mobile whereas I couldn't before.

Highlighted

Regular

Just logged in again the next day - issue has not been resolved across desktop or mobile. Still no profile photo, no social stream activity, no profile, no Facebook names not showing up just numbers... really frustrating. 

Highlighted

Community Legend
The Spotify team are aware this issue is ongoing, stay tuned for updates.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Spotify Legend
Hi everyone,

Does your profile information load if you log into the Web Player? play.spotify.com

Also, as we're working on it, could you try reinstalling now with all the steps here, just to help ensure the cache has been cleared: http://bit.ly/1nT2Cyf
Highlighted

Regular

No it doesn't. My name and profile image show up on the left hand side bar, but nothing loads when it is clicked. Same goes for notifications in the web version. I see a number but when clicked on nothing loads. 

Highlighted

Regular

Just went through the reinstall after clearing the cache - didn't fix the issue unfortunately. 

SUGGESTED POSTS