Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password reset not working

Solved!

Password reset not working

Apparently I've forgotten my password.

I've tried to reset it via the "Forgot your password?" link several times over the past 2 weeks.

I also opened a case (#00863814) but didn't get any further with that, either.

I've checked my spam, nothing.

I did, however, recieve an email thanking me for taking a 48 hour trial of premium, when I already have a premium subscription, so now I'm just confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. - Megan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Megan, you've made a second account via your Facebook. 

First, please follow the steps here to combine the accounts: Missing playlists/ Premium disappeared

Then reset your password but be sure to enter your username (not your email). If you still can't sign in just shout. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have clicked the reset password then comes up the page to type in new password as soon as I type it in it tells my form expired
Please help

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Megan, you've made a second account via your Facebook. 

First, please follow the steps here to combine the accounts: Missing playlists/ Premium disappeared

Then reset your password but be sure to enter your username (not your email). If you still can't sign in just shout. 

Thank you!!!

Please help, I really want to renew my subscription to spotify, but cannot reset my password to do so. I have tried to use the usual reset, but get no email, then I have emailed but no response, so replied to the auto reply. There may be 2accounts registered to the same email if that helps, but I do not want to use the one connected to Facebook. Can someone from spotify please help me?

@Jenypi123 wrote:
Please help, I really want to renew my subscription to spotify, but cannot reset my password to do so. I have tried to use the usual reset, but get no email, then I have emailed but no response, so replied to the auto reply. There may be 2accounts registered to the same email if that helps, but I do not want to use the one connected to Facebook. Can someone from spotify please help me?

If you have replied to the automated email someone should get back to you within 24 hours normally. If not, can you post your case number (#) from the automated reply here? We can ask for it to be chased up for you. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Spotify

I have signed up to spotify premium (one day ago). But when I try to use spotify through my Sonos sound system I keep getting the message that I need to download premium. I've checked my credit card and I have been charged for spotify premium.

What's going on Spotify? Please fix this

Thanks 

If it shows that you have an active premium subscription here, you just need to activate your sonos system as outlined here.

I am trying to invite a family member but when she tries to accept the invitation - it says she already has an account but she can't remember her password. So she tried to reset it but it won't let her, when she enters the new passwords to verify they match and hits submit, a new page appears saying the form has expired? Any help???

@Pbaldizon2001 wrote:
I am trying to invite a family member but when she tries to accept the invitation - it says she already has an account but she can't remember her password. So she tried to reset it but it won't let her, when she enters the new passwords to verify they match and hits submit, a new page appears saying the form has expired? Any help???

@Pbaldizon2001 Hey there! Can you try clearing the cache/cookies or using a different web browser? Let me know if that works!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

hey! For my premium acc [Nickname "raffael.pulfer"], i forgot the password, so i tried to reset it... i got the message that i should recieve the email but i never did recieve something... could someone please tell me with which mail-account i registered with the other nickname?

Hi I have forgotten my password.. When I try to reset it always says "sorry form expired please try again"

Hey I had the same problem, I was logged off by spotify and can not log back in and when I try to reset I get the email but it says that the link has expired or been used.

I have the same problem, I receive the email to reset the password, when I use the link in the email message I get the message that the link is wrong or the password have already been used. I have tried several times and always get the same error message, I have been able to use my facebook password to login, but I do want to reset my Spotify password. When loggod on via Facebook to Spotify I tried to change my password, but that is not possible as I don't know the old password, that I tried to reset. Please advice how to update my password for Spotify.

I solved the problem on my own. I use Google as my standard web browser and I use Adblock.  When I did cut and past of the link from the reset email into Microsoft internet Explorer it works.

wow thanks! @teriksson . that worked!

I finally got it to work after days of not getting my new password to work.

Once you get the link to set your new password sent via email, copy that link into your browser. You will see the option to put in a new password. Once it says password updated or changed or whatever, it says you are logged into your account. Go into your account, not your Spotify App.

Once in there, you will see your username on the upper right hand corner of the page.

You will then see a down arrow next to that. Click that and go into your account.

On the left hand side you will see an option to change password. Go into that, put in the password you just created as the old password and create another new password. This new one will be the one you use for the Spotify apps. Please let me know if this helped.

Marked as solution

I have clicked the reset password then comes up the page to type in new password as soon as I type it in it tells my form expired
Please help

Try another browser. I had the same problem when trying to reset my password. When I changed from Internet Explorer 11 to Chrome I had no problem at all resetting the password. Worked perfect!

/Magnus

Please can someone help me with a similar problem. I click on the request to reset my password. I then get an email with a password reset link. when i click on the link nothing happens. when I open the link in a new tab the new screen is empty. I have tried several different browsers, I have emptied the cache and I have turned off the firewall - nothing seems to make the link work...please can someone advise. Many thanks Mike

I finally got it to work after days of not getting my new password to work.

Once you get the link to set your new password sent via email, copy that
link into your browser. You will see the option to put in a new password.
Once it says password updated or changed or whatever, it says you are
logged into your account. Go into your account, not your Spotify App.

Once in there, you will see your username on the upper right hand corner of
the page.

You will then see a down arrow next to that. Click that and go into your
account.

On the left hand side you will see an option to change password. Go into
that, put in the password you just created as the old password and create
another new password. This new one will be the one you use for the Spotify
apps. Please let me know if this helped.

Suggested posts