Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying with a visa gift card isn't working

Solved!

Paying with a visa gift card isn't working

I'm trying to pay for the 0.99 for 3 month premium with a visa gift card, but it's not working. The card is activated, I called visa and they don't see any problems from their end, and all the information is filled out properly when I try to pay. It just keeps saying that my card provider must be having a bad day every time I try to register.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! if you register your visa gift card online at www.giftcardmall.com/mygift then go onto the spotify website and update your payment method but just put in your registered visa gift card.. it should work!! it did for me at least! hope this helps :))

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone, 

In order to pay for the Premium subscription, you need to use a payment method  which meets the following requirements. Payment methods vary across markets - you can find the ones available in your market here.

Additionally, keep in mind that most of our offers can be only activated by using a recurring payment method.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hello.

I suggest you to contact customer support.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact
or Twitter @SpotifyCares

If support replies you to check community for a solution or if you received your case number (#XXXXXXXX), please reply back even if there is "no reply" tag and tell that you still need help. If your inbox is empty please check spam.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Sorry, but Spotify does not accept prepaid credit cards (also known as credit card gift cards)

Spotify is a subscription service that auto renews unless you cancel and therefore does not support prepaid cards.

If you wish to subscribe to premium you will have to use one of the other listed payments.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've used prepaid cards before but it's all of a sudden not working. I wish there was an alternative to a credit card.

Visa says that you can use visa gift cards where ever visa is excepted. But it doesn't work. 

I got a Pre Paid Visa and hooked it up to my Spotify account for the monthy subscription and this was in November the card was no more then $20 and its still active so should i cancel the Subscription and update the information?

Are you sure? Because my friend used a prepaid card during 2016, but you placed that message during 2015. I tried using a prepaid card today, and it isn't working in 2017. Hmmm....

It was worth $25 and was used for 4 months until I thought about it so I don't know how it was still being charged

My purchase went through on 12/25 for 9.99 3mo/premium, and all of a sudden I no longer have premium nor is there a receipt on my account,the gift card was only $25 so I dont even have it anymore to check with visa.
Marked as solution

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! if you register your visa gift card online at www.giftcardmall.com/mygift then go onto the spotify website and update your payment method but just put in your registered visa gift card.. it should work!! it did for me at least! hope this helps :))

Spotify makes it perfectly clear that they do accept pre-paid cards issued by Visa. This includes gift cards.

"We do accept pre-paid cards issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover."

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/payment-methods/

I used a gift card before, in September 2017, it's now December and all of a sudden the same type of card doesn't work?

its annoying

I have payed foro spotify through visa gift cards for two years and in December 2017 mine wont take it anymore either. This link ( https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/payment-methods/ ) states that it DOES accept pre-paid cards... not sure why now it is not accepting

https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/subscription_information/payment-methods/

This needs to be updated then, because it says that Visa prepaid cards are accepted. 

I got a prepaid card for Christmas and it still wouldn’t accept it, so they either need to accept it like they say or update their website.

Just called visa and it says it because they have auto renewal on which is why prepaid no longer works.  They will need to turn this off apparently to get it to work.  This doesn’t make sense if people don’t want or have a credit card on the system this should be an option. this is still money and should be accepted based on the links everyone is posting. Not sure how to contact the company to get this turned off. It was working for us until this month. 

I havent tested this but just an idea, you could use your prepaid card to buy a Spotify gift card then use the gift card to update your premium .

this is helpful ty

It worked for me too... there really wasnt any difference between paying normally and with my vanilla gift card

Suggested posts