Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play on shared device with Spotify Family

Solved!

Play on shared device with Spotify Family

So i recently upgraded to Spotify Family so my Wife and I can listen simultaneously.

We both have smartphones and love the "Play on other Device" feature to remotely control our PCs.

Our problem is that we have one shared PC in our living room with good audio equipment. Spotify runs 24/7 on that PC in order to use that "Play on other Device" feature. Since we are using the family option, the user who is not logged in on the shared PC cant use the "Play on other Device" feature.

Therefore my question wether or not it is possible to allow another user within the same family plan to play music on a shared PC?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @brucepc,

You can add your support to that here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Subscription-Multi-Account-Setting-Quickly...

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @CodeTron,

Yeah that's possible but whoever would like to play some music on the PC would have to log out of the Spotify account that's currently logged in and log into their own account.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I think they want some solution whose don't include logout and login.

I would like to see something like that too.

an shared device with multiple users

Marked as solution

Hey @brucepc,

You can add your support to that here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Subscription-Multi-Account-Setting-Quickly...

MaximSpotify Star

I agree 100%. There needs to be a feature to allow a player to be remote controlled from a different account to make home-server audio user-friendly.

The ability to quickly switch between accounts would be an alternative that's not quite as ideal (but still be better than what we have right now).

I have the Same issue and would like to enable certain devices to be controlled cross-family. 

My current workaround is to use a hardware solution that supports Chromecast, as those devices can be used from all Spotify devices in the same WiFi (in my case a Teufel Expander; but I guess a simple Chromecast Audio would work fine as well).

That’s a Shame. We use Sonos so that would be a real pain if only one device could control it! Won’t be upgrading then!

We have Sonos Five at work. It accept anyone's spotify handover via wifi (maybe app needs to be installed, but just available in the list of devices on the phone). 

This works as a charm! it continues playing when I walk out the door, until I use my account elsewhere or someone else sends music to the speaker. So sweet!

I would seriously need this capability as well. Alternatively have a way to setup a shared family device as a common resource that all family members can choose to play music on.

It’s currently not an ideal solution for our family. Please Spotify fix this issue for us.

Suggested posts