Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing on different device

Solved!

Playing on different device

Somebody is using my spotify for his/her own device.

In the menu connecting with a device, I see my phone, my laptop, and sometimes an other phone.

My music is being skipped and paused and this person is constantly trying to listen music through my acount on his/her device, a smartphone, with the code SM-G930F.

I really hope someone can help me because I'm paying for my premium account!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Marthe1212, welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Could you let us know if you are on a shared WiFi network? Also, have you ever given someone else access to your account? If you're on a shared WiFi network, other devices on that network may show up in order to use Spotify Connect.

In the meantime, we recommend you log out of all devices here and change your password.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Marthe1212, welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Could you let us know if you are on a shared WiFi network? Also, have you ever given someone else access to your account? If you're on a shared WiFi network, other devices on that network may show up in order to use Spotify Connect.

In the meantime, we recommend you log out of all devices here and change your password.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I found the reason.. My mom was trying to listen to some songs on her phone, but apparently i was still logged in. :')

We're not on the same WiFi though.

Sorry for disturbing and thanks for your fast reaction!

Marthe

This seems like a security flaw that spotify needs to fix.
Someone else who has their own device with a spotify account on the same wifi showed up under my other devices to play music on.

Having other devices on the same nework that have not been signed into the exact same account can release sensitive information of your users.

Please fix this Spotify team.

Suggested posts