Playlists I DID NOT add...

Playlists I DID NOT add...

VeryEmerald
Casual Listener

I have changed my password several times, yet randomly when I log in, there are "recently played" playlists on my list that I did not listen to or add. It's usually foreign music or seriously derogatory rap w/ pot leaves and naked people all over the album/song graphics. This isn't me, no one else uses my log in for my account on our family plan. I do not understand how this is happening or why. Anyone else had this trouble, and/or how you fix it? I don't want this stuff on my profile at all, and I don't even understand how someone can hack my account and do this. I attached a screenshot...those top 5-6 playlists, yeah, no idea what they are, or how they are in my "most recent" list. Today is this...in a few days, it will be rap...getting super frustrated. *Not digging on anyone who listens to rap, I do, too....I'm just saying, the music that's being added somehow is way WAY off the charts of things I would ever listen to, that's how I know I'm not the one doing it. I've checked my devices, the only two listed on my account are my phone and my laptop. My wifi is not ever public, so no one is sharing my computer/phone to be able to access my Spotify.

VeryEmerald:sparkle:
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 9.01.11 AM.png
3 Replies

Re: Playlists I DID NOT add...

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi @VeryEmerald, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

VeryEmerald
Casual Listener

Before posting I looked in the FAQ. I have changed my password and my associated email multiple times. I have also signed out everywhere, removed access of my two devices and readded them. I've also revoked access for any other 3rd party apps...and its still happening. 

VeryEmerald:sparkle:

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @VeryEmerald! Thanks for keeping me posted!

You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. Someone will take a look backstage and make sure everything's alright! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, take care!

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS