Podcast in Russian Spotify

Solved!
Highlighted

Podcast in Russian Spotify

Visitor

Country

Russia

My Question or Issue

So Spotify launched in Russia, however i don't seem to able to find any podcasts on the app. Are there plans to add them later or are they availible for premium users only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Podcast in Russian Spotify

Hey there @grrrvahrrr!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Right now podcasts are not available for our users users in Russia but we understand that they are an important part of Spotify.

We are working to get our podcast offering up and running as soon as we can.

If you'd like to show your support for adding podcasts to our catalog in Russia, we recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board so that it could get +Votes from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey there @grrrvahrrr!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Right now podcasts are not available for our users users in Russia but we understand that they are an important part of Spotify.

We are working to get our podcast offering up and running as soon as we can.

If you'd like to show your support for adding podcasts to our catalog in Russia, we recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board so that it could get +Votes from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Visitor
What is the problem to make podcasts that are available to other countries accessible for Russian users? I won't be listening Russian podcasts anyway. I just want my podcast that i already subscribed. Like Rich Roll podcast, Shame on you, Blank Check etc.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
That's ridiculous not to mention a discriminatory part.
We can listen to all the pods we want on Google Podcasts for free and watch everything on YouTube. Even Fascist YouTube don't have this discrimination towards Russia.

So why the hold up?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Any update as to when Podcasts will be available in Russia?

If they are not available when The Joe Rogan Podcast become exclusive to spotify on January 1st what will you offer so the Russian Market can listen to it? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Podcasts should've been available worldwide from the beginning.

Complete and total discrimination. My bet is that Swedish folks still have a war grudge, lol.

Highlighted

Hey there @EazyE2, @maxim_dv and @GeorgeFeb,

Thank you for your posts. 

We can confirm that we're still working on adding podcasts to our catalog in Russia.

There is already an existing idea about this here and recommend leaving a +Vote to support it. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. We're always one reply away if you have any further questions 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi @Elena !

Is there any new information? If you are searching for some talk-head for the loud announcement it won't be working in Russia because we haven't any talk-head like Rogan or somebody on his level.

There is a lot of podcasts that already very interesting in your base (e.g Zavtracast, The New Stack Makers). All you need is to enable podcasts). 

SUGGESTED POSTS