Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Popup podcast notifications in app -

Popup podcast notifications in app -

I recently registered for a premium account. The experience has been pretty good, but  i've noticed that i'm getting a popup in the ios app suggesting content (like a sponsored podcast) that I have to dismiss before i start listening to music. This is quite annoying and very disappointing that I'm receiving advertising despite paying for a premium service, and to be frank it's making me want to stop using spotify altogether.

How can I disable these popups? 

Top Answer
Jeremy
Spotify

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

There's an idea about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Cheers!

33 Replies

I am having the same issues mentioned by other premium users regarding uninvited popups. It appears months have passed yet no concrete solution has been offered.

IMG_0810.PNG

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out with this one.

If you're referring to the Commercial Marquee, it's a sponsored announcement that allows artists to reach out to their fans and promote new music. The pop ups doesn't interrupt listening and can be dismissed altogether on Premium. Users will never receive more than 1 pop-up in a day and a maximum of 2 pop-ups per week. It will appear either when the user opens the app or navigates to their Home screen. You should only see announcements that are relevant to their music tastes

If you’d rather not see them and are on Premium, click Learn more the next time you receive a notification. From there, you can stop them showing for the artist you received the notification from, or stop them showing altogether.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your reply.

First of all, the Commercial Marquee is as you say it is--a commercial. As
a premium user who has unchecked every notification within my account
preferences, why in all fairness should I receive commercials if Spotify
promised, if not at the very least implied that a paid subscription would
stop them?

Secondly, not one reply from Spotify has accurately detailed how to stop
the Commercial Marquees. If you look carefully at the screenshot you will
not see any link which says "learn more."

Thirdly, the argument that the links have to do with artists and their fans
ignores the fact that premium users who have complained on this thread have
made it clear that the Commercial Marquees are not welcomed by all users.

Spotify has not substantiated the notion that Commercial Marquees are
reasonably exempt from what Spotify considers to be notifications. They may
not immediately interrupt the audio experience, but they in fact disrupt
the visual experience and delay song search results, which in effect
negatively impact the audio experience.

Finally, the solution to this problem may be a movement of Spotify users to
other streaming services, if Spotify does not fix this issue and the
appearance of dishonesty it suggests. Waiting for more premium users to
complain to take this matter seriously unintentionally offers unsatisfied
customers to other services for business.

Just got this one this morning. I don't see "Learn More" anywhere here.

Screenshot_20201026-080206.jpg

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

There's an idea about this. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This isn’t a solution. Why is it marked as one?

I'm not having this issue, but interesting in solution. When I pay for some subscription I want non-pop-ups experience in all directions\minds\things (e.g. audio, video, mental, everything else). If I want to see some advertising I will go to youtube without sing in. So this bug with announcements from whatever it can be is a thing that will move me out from Spotify to other music streaming services. It is the last thing that I want to see when I paying for some service.

An "Idea" isn't good enough. Remove this advertising from the paid subscriber experience. It doesn't matter if they are advertisements or "commercials" for things within Spotify, it is still an ad, and as you can see we don't want them. I plan on cancelling my premium subscription if I continue to see advertisements and I think many others will as well, so hopefully someone over there at Spotify has some sense. I will give it until the end of Jan 2021 and then I will cancel and delete Spotify. You've had a good run but like many tech giants you'll stumble and fall while grasping for more profits and pushing ads onto your users.

This is ridiculous that it has gone on so long. If you want to try out 'commercial' notifications, do that on the free version.

The premium version specifically states: No ad interruption

When I get apparel popups for an artist, that is an ad plain and simple.

It should not require an Idea to get something that we entered into an agreement for.

It isn't an "idea" to not advertise to members who pay for an advertising free experience. It's pretty much the entire point of an ad free experience.

solution - cancel premium, go apple music. No adds same price.

Spotify is getting worse and worse, with total lack of consideration for their paying customers. They laugh all the way to the bank. Convoluted interface 7-8 clicks to get to equalizer. android app totally sucks. never been improved. cumbersome.  only thing that they improve is the bottom line at our expense 

There is still no way to dislike a song on app, if alexa or you plays anything by mistake, it is added to your history, yearly list, etc.   Told that you have to USE  A PC  web browser to do this?!

don't want to carry her laptop or PC around with us just so we can edit our premium playlists. 

For real? Spotify's been out for how many years on android?

it just another example of how their lack of concernste for their premium customers 

Impossible to even find assistance, forcing users to convoluted SELF HELP community of other users, not Spotify, calling them Rockstars turning them into egomaniacal helpers, closing or deleting posts left and right or other users posting inaccurate information,that's what we will pay premium. In Spotify's world, premium must only mean no commercials as they don't give a **bleep**  Total circle j*rk.

No way to actually contact someone who can effect a solution. Offered  dumb **bleep**, change your password, clear your cache, etc. Most would already have thought of on our own, and does not work. 

It is unbelievable that they have been this successful somebody must be paying somebody off.

Overhyped greedy company.

I can't wait until another music service just blows them right out of the water ungrateful bastards 

Still going strong with the Spotify "We don't care about you. Thanks for the idea though. We'll be sure to look in to it."  They wont.

Screenshot_20230405_184548_Spotify.jpg

Yep, blows my mind how this is allowed. But I guess we are the ones allowing it 😞

Suggested posts