Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Account Hacked

Solved!

Premium Account Hacked

Hello, My account has been hacked. I was able to use my secondary Facebook login to gain access but the person changed my email address and password. Is there anyway to reset the email address and passowrd so I can regain complete access to my account and increase the level of security?

I do not know if I am able to post my email address on the forum, so please advise before I do so.

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Halmas4 - We can't sort this out here, too many personal details are needed. If you could contact the accounts team here, they'll get it sorted for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Halmas4 - We can't sort this out here, too many personal details are needed. If you could contact the accounts team here, they'll get it sorted for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That is actually what I was looking for this entire time. Not very straight forward with contacting the support team from your website.

I do appreciate the link and hope to get this sorted soon.

In the future, I believe there should be a section for anyone with related issues to be directed to, even if it is a small percentage as personal information is indeed involved.

Thank you.

My premium account bas been hacked. Please help me. My user name is: pedrowolf. It was linked with the following mail address: pierre-leleu@hotmail.fr. The hacker paid 120 € with my account. Please answer me. I need your help.

Pierre

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

If you haven't already done so, it's a good idea to change your spotify password.

I have had my premium account hacked and even found a webpage touting the login and password.

I appreciate hacking happens but it appears that the email address has been changed so that the original account holder can't then get access back into the account or even request a password change. Seems a big security flaw at Spotify.

And it also means you can't then raise a support request through the Contact form without creating a new account - which will obviously raise suspicions at Spotify about the veracity of the new account being linked to the hacked one.

So I've made a new account and raised it via the Contact form. It will be very interesting to see how quickly Spotify get back and sort this.

If your account gets hacked you can raise a support ticket without logging in here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts