Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random Playlist Added Without My Knowledge

Solved!

Random Playlist Added Without My Knowledge

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7 128 GB

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

I’ve had a random playlist that doesn’t have any songs on it called memes by chill added to my library. Should I be concerned? Is there any way to find out who has accessed my account? I had received an email earlier that someone had signed into my ea account so I’m fearing my account may be compromised. The following picture is the cover of the playlist added.

Just noticed that I and around 160k other people are following this person.

IMG_5021.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @tdot2001,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please make sure to follow the steps provided on this help page.

Hope this helps 😃

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

make sure you verify your email and that it has not been compromised. If no changes have been made then simply unfollow the profile and you should be good to go

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @tdot2001,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please make sure to follow the steps provided on this help page.

Hope this helps 😃

Marked as solution

make sure you verify your email and that it has not been compromised. If no changes have been made then simply unfollow the profile and you should be good to go

Thanks for the reply. I did reset my password and noticed nothing else out of the ordinary.

I've changed my password several time now and don't have any other users using my account. I still have the issue of having several random playlists getting added to my account. The playlists are made by kingenjoker and trixie loud. This issue is extremely annoying! The music sucks and I want it to stop but seem to have no control over it. What can I do? 

Hey there @michelleleichum,

Thanks for reaching out!

Several things we need to know:

1. Can you confirm if you've signed out of everywhere? 
  2. Have you reset the password of the email address associated with your Spotify account?
  3. Do you have new playlists added to your account after changing the password?

To be sure the playlists are gone for good, use the contact form in this article

Let us know if you need further help!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yes, I have done all of these thing and playlists are still being added to
my spotify playlist but I have no way of reporting these accounts.

Hi,

Also make sure you don't accidentally click the 'Create Playlist' button, next to the 'Your Library' and 'Liked Songs'. This adds new playlists, and you may not notice at the time, only later.

Suggested posts