Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Simultaneous playback on 2 devices with 2 accounts with family plan

Simultaneous playback on 2 devices with 2 accounts with family plan

Hi, I have just upgraded to family plan to give my sister one account and for me to have multiple accounts.
Is it possible to have 2 devices playing the same music at the same time using 2 of these accounts?
I also wanted to have more accounts to be able to listen to different music when I´m working at the office then when I´m at home and not get all the playlists mixed up and the "made for you lists" to be independent on each account. 
To change account in the same device I suppose there´s no easier way than to sign out and sign in everytime, or is there?
Thanks!

5 Replies

Hi there @Miles_Hi,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The Family Plan subscription allows one owner (family member) to create a major account, pay for it and invite the rest of their family to join in using their own private accounts.

Upon being a part of the plan and using your own private account you're able to connect it to any device you like just as if you're using regular Premium.

Spotify does not have a subscription allowing one account to stream to multiple devices at the same time.

Meaning, each individual account can be linked to 1 device at the time.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Thanks for writing back
So I suppose the answer is "no" to syncing 2 accounts to play at the same time the same synchronized playlist?

Hey @Miles_Hi.

Peter from the Community Mod team here!

To answer your question: there currently isn't a feature which allows that.

However, there is a relevant idea in the Community which you can add your vote to here.

Bear in mind that the status is currently set to 'Not Right Now', but it's still possible that the idea will be considered again at some point in the near future.

You can find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange here.

Hope that helps! Any questions, we'll be right here.

Please add this feature ASAP! I want to listen to music on my motorcycle with my rider at the same time. She has her own account and I have mine. We'd like to listen to the same song simultaneously. I am sure others do too.

Please add this!!! 

And about the motorcycle rider. There are multiple headsets that allow multiple helmets to listen to the same music at the same time.

Suggested posts