Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify (Error Code: 6) Startup

Solved!

Spotify (Error Code: 6) Startup

I am always getting this error when I try to startup spotify. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit version.

It's no use to uinstall spotify, it works perhaps a few days before the error appears again. What can I do?

This error just came after the spotify patch, and they do nothing about to fixthis problem.

Spotify itself is lazy to fix bugs like this.

Spotify1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mickychurchill

Sorry to read that you're having troubles with your Spotify app. I'd love to help.

First of all, have you checked the steps suggested previously in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Error-Code-6/td-p/1071273?

Let me know how they help with this.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @user-removed, let's get you back to listening some sweet tunes! Error code 6 is usually resolved by installing Spotify in safe mode instead of the regular way. You can do so following these steps:

• Shutdown your PC and then restart it in Safe Mode (hit the F8 key repeatedly during the boot up process then select Safe Mode from the menu that appears)

• Once launched in Safe Mode, go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features

• Find Spotify and uninstall it

• Shutdown your PC and boot it back up as usual

• Go to the Spotify website, download the installer and reinstall.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I will try that solution, I will reply you back in a week or two. Let's see if it works

Still not working, got the same issue.. Just apperaed

Can you go to: C:/USERS/*computerusername*/AppData and remove all the files that have Spotify on the name? Then, reinstall again.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have done that couple of times, still same problem after a while.

Hi, I stumbled upon this error just now. Seems like one of my drive letter changed when I swap hard drive. 
Changing it back fix this error immediately. 

run diskmgmt.msc and change it from there. No need to reboot.

ps: I symlinked C:/ProgramData/Spotify to another disk. My SSD is getting full of downloaded song.

Can you tell me easy how to fix this problem, and what to do in easy way? Thanks

I am having the same problem

Marked as solution

Hey @mickychurchill

Sorry to read that you're having troubles with your Spotify app. I'd love to help.

First of all, have you checked the steps suggested previously in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Error-Code-6/td-p/1071273?

Let me know how they help with this.

It worked restarting my computer. But why?

You have to be kidding...

What a primitive way to solve an application problem. This is not an acceptable way and I am not even going to bother trying it. What with others already saying that it didn't work anyway.

Sorry MauriceMV, but Spotify does have to try harder to ensure a better experience for the users. It's no longer a geeky hack of an app. 

Suggested posts