Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Multiple Devices, controlled from my phone

Spotify on Multiple Devices, controlled from my phone

I have a family plan. I listen to Spotify all day at work, at the gym, and other places. My wife stays home and listens to it on the echo, often at the same time. To allow simultaneous playback I have separate accounts for my phone/work computer and our echo amazon account.

However with that setup, I can’t control the echo from my phone, so I’m limited to voice controls unless I get a dedicated device (which I actually have). But I don’t want to leave an iPad sitting perminantly on the counter just so I can control Spotify.

is there no way I can have simultaneous play and control both from my phone without constantly having to log in/out?

4 Replies

Hey there @eq1_10lbf-gyo,

thanks for posting in the community !

Unfortunatley there is no way to control devices simultaneously.

Each family member can control his own devices from his personal account, the minute you use the same account log in, you'll have to log out to reclaim access and control it.

Hope this helps 😃

It does help answer the question, but it's not a great answer. With so many echos and smart home devices I assume shared devices existing alongside individual devices within a single household is already common and will only become more so. Would love to hear if this is something that's on your roadmap. 

Maybe you both can divide up the echo speakers and login to your own accounts so you can enjoy your music!!! That's what I would personally do lol !~

Hey there @eq1_10lbf-gyo,

thanks for your answer!

Regardless if this is on Spotify's map or not, you can always visit the "Ideas" section and implement your idea their.

This way, users and mods across the community can check it, read it, vote and promote it and it wouldn't be the first time a suggestion becomes a feature.

Have a great week 😃

Suggested posts