Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on ps4 won't start

Spotify on ps4 won't start

Can't seem to get it to open on ps4. Tried just about everything I can think of. I can still play from my phone to the ps4 but can't do anything on the ps4 to change or set new playlist. Started about a week ago. Starting up it say error or shows a sad face. 

1564477642092498078573.jpg
16 Replies

Hey, @1monstermax 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could try to unlink your account and then link it again in your PS4 through PlayStation Music and check if the issue was solved.

More info about it here: 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tired it and still get the error. Also Tried deleting the app and my account off the system. Same thing. 

Hey again, @1monstermax 

Could you try to break the connection between PS and Spotify? Go on your account page > "Apps" section and then select PlayStation and break the connection between them. After that you connect them again and check if the issue was solved.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Iโ€™m having the same issue. Tried everything and Spotify still wonโ€™t open for me

clear the  cache on setting on the ps4

You can't clear cache for Spotify on PS4.

Also, I have this exact issue too. So far I haven't found out how to fix it.

Like I'm not having issues with any connection. Just spotify will not open on ps4. Can still listen to music but has to be played and set from my phone. But want to be able to change it from the app on ps4 which won't allow me. 

Yup I have the exact same issue. I've been looking through the forums here and apparently it's been a somewhat big issue for the past few weeks, but no one has figured out how to fix it.

What it looks like 

1565036597697636635648.jpg

After clicking on link account 

15650366469691876962587.jpg

The suggested action is "PlayStation network might be temporarily busy. please try again later. you can check the network status by selecting.

[Settings] > [Network] > [view status of PlayStation Network Services], or by using PC or smartphone to access status.Playstation.com "

Word for word but everything is shown to be working on the site 

Im having the same issue it Spotify wont open please find a fix someone

Hey guys, sorry for the big delay...

Could you try to break the connection between Spotify and PS4 and then try to reconnect them after that? Just to check if this is a kind of problem with the connection between both systems...

Just follow these steps:

1. Open your Spotify account page.
  2. Remove PS4 access permission.
  3. And then you try to reconnect them again.

Let me know if it works for you all @jrezzyy  @1monstermax  @treestar88 @donbergaaas @Dscott88 

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

change DNS Manually

DNS 1      8.8.8.8

DNS  2     8.8.4.4 

on playstation ip settings

Hi go to settings click account management and then click restore license's go back and click on spotify and It works straight away.

I unlinked and then linked again and worked fine

Go to spotify > apps > remove access 

PS4 > settings > account management > spotify > unlink > sign out spotify > open app > login > link again

will work

Suggested posts