Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify radio keeps popping up when I go to home page

Solved!

Spotify radio keeps popping up when I go to home page

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Coolpad Legacy

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Whenever I switch from my library to the Spotify home page on mobile, I get a pop-up saying "you are this artists top 1% listener" or something like that, and then an option to either dismiss the pop-up or play that artists radio. The pop-up is always for the same artist and no matter if I press dismiss or play radio, it won't stop showing up. I've tried logging out of my account and logging back in, but it didn't seem to help. The pop-up shows every time I tap on the home icon while in the app. So far, it only happens on mobile, not desktop. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Gallifreyan724

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. Especially after noticing this is not happening on your desktop device. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Gallifreyan724

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. Especially after noticing this is not happening on your desktop device. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts