Country

Poland 

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, Lenovo and ThinkPad Laptops

Operating System

Android and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Question or Issue
Yesterday and today I've noticed that beside my laptop and phone devices connected to Spotify there is also strange Web Chrome Player and I don't use Chrome Player at all at the time. Real strange thing was - this Chrome Player was changing songs that I've been listening to some spanish old hits. I've checked last.fm history and it was not listening this songs whole night but only when I was running app on PC or phone (or changing it after 20 secs) - and it didn't switch to listening on it but keep playing songs on my devices (not switching source of sound at all).

I've changed my password both on Spotify and Facebook that is also connected to Spotify Account and logged off on all devices connected both to Spotify and Facebook, but after I log in to Spotify on phone the Web Chrome Player was already there still changing songs to spanish old hits.

After ~30 minutes Web Chrome Player dissapear (probably the session was destroyed on that device) and now I am free from old spanish hits 😄

But few questiones:
- Is there a possiblity to have such a virus or bot? Even there was no Chrome opened at any my device?
- Why after changing passwords and login out on all devices after change Web Chrome Player was still for 30 minutes logged?
- What more should I do to protect my account?
- Why old spanish hits?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Sarpens.

For tips on how to protect your account, click here!

If you still think that someone has access to your account, please follow these steps. Our friends from support will make sure your account is safe and will be able to revert your music collection back to a certain date.

Let us know if you have further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi, @Sarpens

I hope your having a great day today and I truely appologise that this has happend to you. 

First to answer your question on making your account more secure, I recomend a strong password that can't be easily guesed. Also, that device showed for 30 minutes, was it still changing the music?

Does anyone in your household or your friends have your spotify login?

I hope to hear back from you, I definently want to figure out whats wrong!

Thanks!

My password - both old and new one is quite strong and are not showing on haveibeenpwned.com

Chrome Web Player was changing songs even after I changed password on log of on all devices. It stops changing music after 30 minutes and probably thats the session for this device was closed.

Before I changed password I've been asking my friends if there are not doign this but they did not know my password and was quite suprised as well. There was beside song changes no attack on this account - there was no mail about trying reset the password or something like that.

Still don't know why it was playing only old spanish hits xD

Marked as solution

Hey @Sarpens.

For tips on how to protect your account, click here!

If you still think that someone has access to your account, please follow these steps. Our friends from support will make sure your account is safe and will be able to revert your music collection back to a certain date.

Let us know if you have further questions 🙂

Suggested posts