Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Renewal Please Help.

Solved!

Student Discount Renewal Please Help.

I had the student discount price for a year and I read that you could renew it. Well I got charged for 9.99 after and I tried to renew it and now it says Im not eligible for the student discount even though I am a student. I tried canceling my premium and going back and that didnt work. Do I have to wait until this month is over to reapply? Im just confused because it said you could renew it up to 3 more times.

UPDATE: A person who works with spotify has erased the credit details and I was able to get the student discount again. It only took 2-3 days to get this process done and I am pretty happy with the service.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I received the same email from Spotify Customer Service. Props to them for a quick reply. Below is a copy of the email:

You are not able to apply the Student Discount to your current Premium account. However, with these steps, you can revert your account to the Free subscription level.
You'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, after that, click here to sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount.
With these steps, you should be able to get your discount back on your account. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I cancelled my premium account. I still have it for the remainder of the month, so when its expired, I can re-apply for the student discount. 

Hope this helps! 

Peace and blessings

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the same problem, so I tried going through this link (while already logged in to Spotify on the website): https://spotify.sheerid.com/ 

I put in my info again, it verified that I was still a student, and now my account says I'll be charged $4.99 next month instead of the $9.99 that it showed before. So hopefully that will work? 

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured this out?

Not yet, I'm having the same problem as well
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

Has anyone tried cancel the 9.99 subscription and then trying to renew the student discount.

Yeah, people have been saying that they've tried that and it does not work.
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

Okay everyone here is what has been going down,

I canceled my subscription and tried again, it didn't work. I emailed the spotify team (expecting nothing really) and I got told to post in here. I went here and made this thread and emailed again (after a day, I was impatient, I apologize) and got the same automated message. Then the other day I was contacted by the spotify team and they said they were going to remove my payment details and make my account back to the "free account" status and that I could sign up for the discount again. I haven't gotten a confirmation email about it yet, I just realized my phone didn't send a reply to the email, so I did and I will keep updated if/when I get the discount again.

Marked as solution

I received the same email from Spotify Customer Service. Props to them for a quick reply. Below is a copy of the email:

You are not able to apply the Student Discount to your current Premium account. However, with these steps, you can revert your account to the Free subscription level.
You'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, after that, click here to sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount.
With these steps, you should be able to get your discount back on your account. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I cancelled my premium account. I still have it for the remainder of the month, so when its expired, I can re-apply for the student discount. 

Hope this helps! 

Peace and blessings

any news?
Marked as solution

I had the same problem, so I tried going through this link (while already logged in to Spotify on the website): https://spotify.sheerid.com/ 

I put in my info again, it verified that I was still a student, and now my account says I'll be charged $4.99 next month instead of the $9.99 that it showed before. So hopefully that will work? 

Hi! I am having the same problem. I didn't realize I was paying $9.99 until this morning. I'm still a student, I wasn't even told that my student discount ran out! Spotify team please help me!

@klirvan

When did your student discount ended?

Check your profile to see when your premium subscription is ending.

Since you currently have an active subscription, you need to cancel your premium in your last month and revert back to 'Spotify Free' before applying for the student discount again.

Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, after that, sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was able to renew my student discount at https://spotify.sheerid.com/ with no problem. When I logged back in and looked under the subscription tab the price had changed back to $4.99 for my upcoming renewal date. You do not have to cancel your premium subscription and then wait until the end of that month to reapply for the discount.

Hey guys!

To manually verify your discount you can do so over at https://spotify.sheerid.com/.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi, I was able to renew my status too. 2 Months i paid 9.99€ - is it possible to get the difference back? I just didnt realize my studentstatus run out.

If you go to spotify premium for students and "Sign-Up" again it will update your preferences and extend if you complete the form.

im having this problem. my premium subscription with my student discount has just finished but when i try and update my payment details the website claims theres an issue with my card when i know there isnt!

any help please, dont really want to cancel the subscription!

charlie66, I literally just had this same issue today. I want to change
my default payment method.

I've had the 9.99 subscription the last year or so, but when I go into
the change payment window, it tries to re-enroll me in student pricing,
which I can't do.

So much easier than having to change you account status. In no time I renewed my student subscription with ease!

did you lose your music in the process and have to start over???

Nope!

Suggested posts