Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount

Solved!

Student discount

Okay so I already had a free account and found out about the student discount for a premium account. I followed the step by step online on how to do so and it said that after I signed up for a unidays card, I could just go onto my profile, click "get premium," and then it'd be applied automatically. But when I clicked get premium it charged me the 12.99 instead. Of course my heart dropped because I was only expecting 4.99 so if anyone knows of a way I can go ahead and fix this on my own, your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Snicrich1129! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

It seems you've subscribed to Spotify Premium through iTunes. Apple gets 30% of every transaction, that's why you are charged 12.99$ instead of 4.99$.You will need to cancel your iTunes subscription. This can be done by following the steps mentioned here. Then you have to resubscribe by going to the upgrade page.

After you've done that you can sign into the Student Discount again.  And your discount will be applied on your next payment day. 

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Snicrich1129! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

It seems you've subscribed to Spotify Premium through iTunes. Apple gets 30% of every transaction, that's why you are charged 12.99$ instead of 4.99$.You will need to cancel your iTunes subscription. This can be done by following the steps mentioned here. Then you have to resubscribe by going to the upgrade page.

After you've done that you can sign into the Student Discount again.  And your discount will be applied on your next payment day. 

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts