Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Submit music to Spotify WITHOUT an aggregator

Solved!

Submit music to Spotify WITHOUT an aggregator

Hi!

I'm a chiptune artist and I have gotten a lot of requests to put my music on Spotify.

I've been looking for ways to do so but it seems I can only do it through aggregators.

I cannot afford to use an aggregator and I would rather have control over where I put my music while not having to spend $10-$50 to submit my music to platforms. (Paying people to sell my music doesn't sound too appealing to me).

Please respond ASAP!

-Sam

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry, but the only way to get your music on Spotify is through a label or an aggregator.

You can view Spotify's guide on how to get your music on Spotify here:

http://www.spotifyartists.com/guides/#get-your-music-on-spotify

Most aggregators will allow you to control where you music gets published. For example you can chose to only publish to Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Sorry, but the only way to get your music on Spotify is through a label or an aggregator.

You can view Spotify's guide on how to get your music on Spotify here:

http://www.spotifyartists.com/guides/#get-your-music-on-spotify

Most aggregators will allow you to control where you music gets published. For example you can chose to only publish to Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Alright.

If Spotify ever allows joinging without Aggregators then I'll sign up.

I think it is unlikely, the current system is used to prevent people infringing copyright by uploading content that doesn't belong to them.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't know the costs that would be involved.... but would creating your own label be a possibility 🙂

Hi Matt, I wonder if you could help me.

My band 'Still' have released an EP called 'Colours' and more recently two singles called 'Bottle' and 'Waiting For Who?'. However when we click on the artist name 'Still' we can see that there are other artists called Still, and all our music is clubbed in together as opposed to having separate artist pages with separate artist pictures/bios etc. This is making it difficult for our fans to find OUR music in amongst other material by other bands called 'Still' (whom I have noticed have not uploaded anything recently, so I assume are pretty inactive/have since disbanded). Is it possible to have our own artist page with our own music without having to change our name?

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

Thank you,

Jasmine

Jasminedey@hotmail.co.uk

The publishing administrator who put your song on spotify should be able to fix it for you easily you would most likely have to send your request to the support team of the company you used to get on spotify. I have been in the same situation and my pub admin was able to solve the issue in a week. Hope this helps.

No Sleep

You guys do rap/trap artists?

Use "Landr", an online mastering site, which also allows 2 releases a month for free.

Wich company help you? I've been with the same deal, over 2 weeks, and still no solution. My publishers says that Spotify takes to 2-3 weeks on correct it. And it's my first upload ever...so...what a traumatic experience!

Suggested posts