This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

heyimkarinne
Highlighted

Re: This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it

cheryldubbs
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem, error "This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it".

This error is received everytime I try to listen to one of Spotify's playlists under the "Genre & Moods". Every single playlist under the "Chill" and "Focus" categories are unavailable to me.  

The error doesn't stop there, however. Old playlists I've created as throwing off the same annoying error.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?  I have a premium subscription, trying to listen from my Windows desktop.

Thanks!

Highlighted

kathy806

Having the same problem very very fustrating

Highlighted

ablackchair

same thing here , not a single song is working on this Desktop , but on my laptop everything seems to work just fine

Highlighted

GeorgScholz
Music Fan

SAME HERE !!

Almost half of my files are not working!

I hope this is only a temporary server problem of spotify !?

Highlighted

GeorgScholz
Music Fan

OK, it works now. Seems that this was a temporary partial server outage.

Highlighted

catfish197621

Im having the issue on my desktop at work, ive been off and on premium (currently on premium) for over 2.5 years now and ive never encountered this issue.  It happens on my playlist, it happens when i try Genre/Mood playlist, EVERYTHING prety much does not play on my desktop.  BUT my desktop at home works fine and also the web player plays everything as well.  Ive logged out, logged in, verified everything was the same, ive never changed anything in the settings besides the crossfade for songs and posting to FB every so often.  

Highlighted

von_hayek
Casual Listener

same thing here , not a single song is working on my laptop but it works on my samsumg galaxy v

Highlighted

von_hayek
Casual Listener

I fixed it, but the solution was painful.

Go to your account/ offline devices and click removed... and without reinstall your Spotify in your laptop/desktop, the annoyng pop up is gone. 

Thus, it looks like a bug to me, related to the sync feautrues between devices.

The thing I don't grasp is why -in my experience and other cases- the issue only appears on my windows app, my android phone, tab and the internet browser have always worked ok.

Cheers,

Highlighted

x6x

I have the same issue on my work (windows) PC, at first I could play all my own songs, but any playlist I tried didnt do anything, when opened the list and tried to put 'play' on a song got this error msg. 

It works on my samsung galaxy s6 without any issues and also in the web-player. 

Tried to uninstall and re-install- this ended up making songs under my music unavailable too. 

Tried to remove offline devices and repeat, but the issue remains.

Super annoyed.

SUGGESTED POSTS