Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transfer my existing spotify account to a student email

Solved!

Transfer my existing spotify account to a student email

Hi guys,

I'm a medical student looking to get the student prices, and I hope I can get an answer quick, since today is the day they are going to send me my next subscription bill. I originally registered to spotify by logging in with facebook, but I just heard if I used my school email address, the subscription is half the price. How do I keep my current account, but change the email address to take advantage of the student discount? And how long will it take for the new subscription price to reflect my change to a student email address?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Actually.. I went to the student discount page and updated my account by typing in my college, and it said they were going to confirm I'm a student. Do they even need my student email address? How do they confirm? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Actually.. I went to the student discount page and updated my account by typing in my college, and it said they were going to confirm I'm a student. Do they even need my student email address? How do they confirm? 

I don't think your Spotify account has to be registered with your student email.

I think the student verification process is able to verify without changing the email on your account.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts