Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Troubles logging in - Error code 101

Troubles logging in - Error code 101

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to put this, but I don't know anywhere else it would fit. I apologize if this isn't the right place. 

I've been on Spotify for a long time and haven't had any issues with the program at all until now. It started about a month ago. Randomly, Spotify would suddenly appear to be offline when I was online and my Internet was working just fine. I figured out how to fix this by logging into friend's accounts and then logging back into mine. It would seem to fix itself. It happened for a while and then stopped but today it happened again. I did what I usually would do; log out of my account and then log into my friend's. However, this time, it didn't fix itself like it would usually. I checked my Internet settings and they were fine and everything was working as it should. I decided to exit out and restart my computer and try logging on again. When I restarted and logged back on to my account, Spotify would still say it was offline. I checked my Firewall settings and Spotify wasn't blocked by any means. I then decided to uninstall and reinstall Spotify. This time, however, Spotify wouldn't let me log in at all when I tried to log in. When I try to log in, a red box pops up saying "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code 101)" I was baffled and extremely confused. I checked my firewall again and it wasn't blocking Spotify in any way, shape or form. I restarted my computer, tried again, same message. I decided then to just completely turn off my firewall. After I did that, I uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it again. The same message keeps popping up! I know it cannot be my firewall's fault because I turned it off completely. I'm not using a proxy, so changing the settings probably won't help at all. What should I do? I'm so frustrated. I sent a message to support asking for help but it immediately got sent back. I don't know what to do and I want answers.  

1 Reply

Hello @anillegiblemess. Sorry that you've been running into this issue. It looks like you've already tried most of the standard trouble shooting issues. At this point I can only think of two things.

1) If you're on a university campus your school may be blocking Spotify and you'll need to get in touch with the IT department to sort this out.

2) Your anti-virus (if you're running any) is blocking the program. This can be solved by adding Spotify to your exceptions list.

Please let me know if it's not either of those and we can go from there. Cheers!

Suggested posts