Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add Premium for Family in the UK (GB) - Country Code Issue

Solved!

Unable to add Premium for Family in the UK (GB) - Country Code Issue

Hello

I've upgraded to Premium for Family, however when I invite family members, they receive the following message 

"We couldn't add you to Premium for Family as your account needs to be based in the same country as the owner of the Premium for Family subscription."

Both our accounts are GB (United Kingdom)

How can we resolve this?

Thanks

42 Replies
Marked as solution

I have got this working. Go into your account and make a change to something in your profile (I changed my email address). My country code was then changed from GB to gb. My son could then accept his link!!

Thank you very much! Your solution worked for me (Germany)!!!

Works! Thank you!

@gr4z99 wrote:

I have got this working. Go into your account and make a change to something in your profile (I changed my email address). My country code was then changed from GB to gb. My son could then accept his link!!

Not that I tried specifically for this purpose, but I did change my email address after I had switched to the new Family plan. The links still did not work!

My country code just changed from ES to es when changing profile, trying to get invited accepted to see if it works now.

Worked for me too! My country code changed from CZ to cz. Thank you very much!

@gr4z99 wrote:

Where did you see the country code change? In the URL, or in the invitation link, or..?

In your account overview...

In my account view page when you login on spotify.

Thanks! Not sure if it was the profile change, but it seems that the bug has been fixed!

This didn't seem to work for me. The country codes changed to lowercase on both accounts, but still can't redeem the code, ge the same error message.

That's weird, the four invitations I sent out were all accepted after this small change. 

And now it worked, by my invitee using their phone instead of browser. What the hell?

This fix didn't work for me either... Still no luck in adding family members. Anyone of spotify here that can fix this???

Try to use a different browser and also clear your browser cache. Also try in Incognito Mode.

Marked as solution

Somthing was fixed at spotify and now it works.

This seems to be a fix on their end.

Thanks gr4z99! That solved it.

Worked for me too - thanks!

I could chance the country code to ch but if I logged in again it was still CH. Can anyone help? The invitation doesn't work - same error message.

Suggested posts