Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to apply gift card because "I've got a premium account"

Solved!

Unable to apply gift card because "I've got a premium account"

Hi

I've got an in-store receipt with a code, it is valid, but I've been unable to add it to my acount. I get the following error message:

"Unfortunately you can't apply this Premium code on your account. This is likely because you have an existing Premium subscription that cannot be combined with a Premium code"

Yes I've got a premium subscription, but i was under the impression that I could extend my subscription period. Will I be able to use this code or was it 90 usd wasted?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the community 🙂

well the 90 usd aren't wasted. I made the same one month ago 2 times. i am paying through "Klarna" and i redeemed a 3-month card (which i won) and a 1 month card (which i bought) and it worked perfectly. can you please contact the support by using this contact form? Please check your email afterwards and be sure to reply to the automated e-mail even if it says "noreply". also check your spam-box when done and remember that it's weekend so it can take a little bit longer before you get an answer ;).

good luck!

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the community 🙂

well the 90 usd aren't wasted. I made the same one month ago 2 times. i am paying through "Klarna" and i redeemed a 3-month card (which i won) and a 1 month card (which i bought) and it worked perfectly. can you please contact the support by using this contact form? Please check your email afterwards and be sure to reply to the automated e-mail even if it says "noreply". also check your spam-box when done and remember that it's weekend so it can take a little bit longer before you get an answer ;).

good luck!

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

How do you pay for your premium subscription?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was gifted a spotify gift card for christmas. In efforts of trying to scratch off the pin number I scratched off the whole thing making it unclear and un-readable. Is there anything I can do to redeem the money on the gift card? It says I can find a the premium code from your in-store receipt. Where is the the premium code from your in-store receipt??? 

Hey there @lcruz0927,

Sorry to hear the PIN was damaged.

In this case we'd recommend you to turn to support for help. Make sure you keep you receipt and card.

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts